Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Drexel Institute        (Topic#23647)
Eric Von Zipper 
Senior

Reg: 11-11-17
12-07-19 06:17 PM - Post#294039    
    In response to bradley

LaSalle had no trouble with Drexel this afternoon.

Depressing.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
12-07-19 06:35 PM - Post#294040    
    In response to Eric Von Zipper

I like Mitch, but I cannot imagine a Sydney Johnson team playing such bad defense.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-07-19 07:05 PM - Post#294042    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

It is interesting to compare the men’s and women’s basketball teams thus far this season. They are both led by dominant centers and each has an outstanding guard. Where the differences lie are in how well the balance of players are utilized and how effective each team is at defense. The women prevail on both counts, getting consistent, balanced output offensively from several team members and practicing aggressive and effective team defense. Both teams appear to have abundant talent. But the women function much more cohesively and effectively. Mitch would do well to chat with his coach counterpart Carla to learn some of her strategies and techniques to pass along to the men.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-07-19 07:26 PM - Post#294044    
    In response to Tiger69

The Tiger women consistently play hard team defense with rarely taking off a play. They have a height advantage over most teams but Littlefield at 5'8" is the second leading rebounder at 6.4 per game which says a lot about focus and attitude. The Tiger women dominate every defensive category in the aggregate.

They do not dominate on the offensive end primarily due to poor 3 pt shooting and overall FG percentage. Carla has work to do with the team on the offensive side of the ball but she obviously believes in Defense and Rebounding.

I watch Jaelin, Johns, Wright and other Tiger guards play defense and it is either ability, I doubt, or focus/effort. Richmond will hold his own against any IL center on the defensive end but the other 4 guys on the court need his focus and effort. It kind of takes me back to Cannady -- he had the ability to play defense but not the focus. Ultimately, it is on the coaching staff. Probably, Wiesz/Cook/Miller would not accept the lack of defensive intensity.

Wish that I could watch the women tonight but cannot. This game will be a real test but should be on replay on ESPN+.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 2.287 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:28 PM