Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Luke Bolster        (Topic#23762)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
12-30-19 02:52 PM - Post#295504    

This is turning out to be a very nice story. My original take on his walk-on status was that he was filling out a bottom of the roster slot as a courtesy to his Dad. But he really seems to make the most of his ability. I really admire his effort and his obvious improvement in his game. Hopefully he will continue on his upward arc. I frankly cannot remember the last time that a walk-on actually made a real contribution, although I have a vague recollection that we had a walk-on PG 10 or so years ago who actually got some playing time.

Dr. V 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
12-30-19 03:59 PM - Post#295515    
    In response to Chet Forte

When a player who is not exactly the most athletic or quickest on the team makes a contribution by giving 110% and extracting every last inch of ability he possesses, that's doubly or triply impressive. It starts with D. He plays solid D, which is 75% effort and 25% technique. He has high BB I.Q., sees the floor and is a good passer. Whatever scoring he can contribute is icing on the cake.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:22 AM