Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 5 of 5 « First<2345
Username Post: Pennsylvania Redux        (Topic#23799)
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
01-25-20 09:39 AM - Post#297356    
    In response to SRP

I agree that Coach Jones traditionally has his players share the ball and look for the open shot. Additionally, his teams play hard nosed defense as you commented upon. His teams also strike me as "lunch bucket" teams as to attitude and style of play.

As to watching last night's game and thinking about the Tigers. Brown and Dartmouth kind of remind me of each other in that they have unique and very good Centers - Choh and Knight although they give up a lot of inches to Atkinson, Arirguzoh and Lewis. Not sure who Mitch will put up on Choh and Knight -- probably Richmond on at least Knight but get the ball deep to Richmond and Schwieger on these two teams.

As to a Yale and Harvard match up, Arirguzoh will have to win the battles against Atkinson and Lewis for the Tigers to have a chance -- I believe. Mitch may use Schwieger and Evb differently against Yale and Harvard. They may be more similarities in playing against Yale and Harvard vs. Dartmouth, Brown and Columbia.

First impression off the first couple of IL games, is that several teams are good but not sure if any team is great. It would seem that no one is going undefeated or even 13-1.

How well will the Tiger do? They were 8-3 last year and then suddenly 8-6 based on several different factors. Time will tell.

bradley 
PhD Student

01-25-20 06:54 PM - Post#297429    
    In response to bradley

Good to see Coach Earl get a win today. After two years of steady improvement, Big Red have struggled this year and fans are getting upset with his recruiting efforts.

If Mitch leaves, I always thought that Brian would be in the mix for the Tiger head coach job. Tiger players loved him as an Assistant Coach.

bradley 
PhD Student

01-25-20 10:41 PM - Post#297475    
    In response to bradley

Based on this weekend's play, is Brown a stronger opponent than Dartmouth? Same question holds true as to Yale vs. Harvard? Still very early - time will tell.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
01-26-20 11:46 AM - Post#297505    
    In response to bradley

Yale is the class of the IL and Harvard, by the metrics, isn’t that close.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
Pennsylvania Redux
01-26-20 01:31 PM - Post#297511    
    In response to PennFan10

What Harvard is achieving without Bryce is remarkable - 8 wins in a row and 7 road wins without a loss. That doesn’t mean that this Harvard squad can beat Yale, or the P’s on the road this upcoming weekend. Without Bryce too much falls on Christian Juzang. Ivy scheduling will wear him down and expose that.

Hopefully, Bryce is close to returning. If not, Harvard is vulnerable to a rerun of what happened when Siyani’s injury left Tommy McCarthy to run the show for an entire season.

Hope I’m not sounding too bleak, but without Seth and then Bryce I need to reiterate how impressive - but tenuous - this current Crimson run is.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 01-26-20 01:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-26-20 01:53 PM - Post#297514    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

As usual, only alligator tears for harvud from here. They have enough talent on the bench to make a second team that could qualify for the tournament. Sorry for Bryce, but not Amaker. He still has plenty to work with.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
01-26-20 03:47 PM - Post#297522    
    In response to Tiger69

Sure, but for that depth Harvard isn’t where it is. Credit to Amaker and recruiting.

Acknowledged that, playing without two best players on team an possibly in the league, I’m assuming team still makes the Ivy tournament and obsessing over its chances to win regular season and tournament titles.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend. My wife is just going to have to endure visits to Penn, Princeton, and the a Super Bowl in one weekend.

bradley 
PhD Student

Re: Pennsylvania Redux
01-26-20 09:12 PM - Post#297541    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
What Harvard is achieving without Bryce is remarkable - 8 wins in a row and 7 road wins without a loss. That doesn’t mean that this Harvard squad can beat Yale, or the P’s on the road this upcoming weekend. Without Bryce too much falls on Christian Juzang. Ivy scheduling will wear him down and expose that.

I am not sure if I would use the remarkable to describe what Harvard is achieving but it is impressive. In fairness, Harvard has played a pretty weak non-conference schedule plus Dartmouth regarding their win streak with many of them being single digit victories. Amaker's recruiting has certainly provided the depth to withstand injuries much to his credit but with so many 3 star recruits it softens the blow of missing Aiken.

Now, if Harvard beats Penn, Princeton and even more so Yale on the road without Bryce over the next 3 games, it starts to move towards remarkable.

Page 5 of 5 « First<2345
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.147 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:46 AM