Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mount Saint Vincent?        (Topic#23803)
Tod Howard Hawks 
Freshman

Reg: 03-17-14
01-10-20 05:11 PM - Post#296359    

I have been involved with Columbia athletics for 58 years. I served on the Board of Directors of the Columbia College Alumni Association for six years (1990-1996).

Tell me then why I had never heard of Mount Saint Vincent College until a few minutes ago. (I now know it's in the Bronx.) Columbia BB beat them last night. How can any victory be an embarrassment?

Well, one way is to play a team from a school that is only a few miles from your school, but some Columbia alumni nevertheless have never heard of it, period. It also helps, of course, if your opponent is Division III.

I appear to be the first to comment about this ill-advised match-up. If playing against unknown, Division III teams is the only way Columbia BB can wind up in the "win" column, I suggest Columbia shut down the rest of its season, get Pilling in the picture, and, in effect, do a complete revamping of the program. Otherwise, it's just too damn embarrassing.

Billy Hoyle 
Freshman

Loc: Roar-ee's Lair
Reg: 12-17-14
Re: Mount Saint Vincent?
01-10-20 05:19 PM - Post#296364    
    In response to Tod Howard Hawks

every Ivy plays at least one D3 and CU has played a D3, usually right before the Ivy season annually. Union Swarthmore, Haverford, Central Pennsylvania (three years in a row), Manhattanville, Sarah Lawrence, and Elmira have all appeared on the CU schedule since Kyle Smith's first year. It's just a tune-up game before the Ivy season starts. Even D1 teams play D3 or even NAIA schools.
I can hear Jimi!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.056 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:51 PM