Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: JE at mid-season        (Topic#23866)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
01-26-20 09:41 PM - Post#297543    

Here are the objective facts: overall losing record; high attrition; significant losing record in close games; consistent inability to win on the road; mediocre recruiting record. Here are the subjective observations: seems to be out coached in the second half of most games, with opponent seemingly making better half time adjustments; little or no emotional lift being given to the players; puzzling personnel moves; little or no outreach to the fan base; overuse of Smith; poor defensive intensity at critical times; no time outs being called to stop opponent runs; no information being provided to fan base on status of key sidelined players; and very little personal dynamism. So is the defection of Tape and the injury to Stef enough of a basis to bring back this staff?

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
01-26-20 11:43 PM - Post#297553    
    In response to Chet Forte

Chet, I agree fully with all of your "objective facts" and "subjective observations." If you haven't already done so, may I suggest that you immediately advise Peter Pilling of your concerns by email and letter. I did just that about a week ago. The facts are indisputable and appropriate corrective action needs to be taken immediately by the Athletic Department before this already awful situation worsens and becomes an even greater issue for Columbia and its fans.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
01-27-20 11:11 AM - Post#297563    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

I will do so but expect that the official word will be Tape and Stef are the reason, and JE has done a credible job under the circumstances.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.147 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:53 AM