Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Holy Cross Game        (Topic#23997)
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
02-21-20 10:51 AM - Post#300928    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Steve O'Brien - Class of '80 - Leave the kids alone and again don't twist the context of my question. My intent was clear.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-21-20 10:57 AM - Post#300930    
    In response to Old Bison

I got a text from Jay W last week because I had sent him a text about the thoughtfulness of something Kerry Kittles did,

Jay's response was and I qoute:

"nova like bucknell has a tight family"

Some people "get it" and some don't. Don't urinate from outside the tent. Bruce will learn and grow and become the man he wants to be.

Want my phone number?

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-21-20 11:15 AM - Post#300932    
    In response to Old Bison

Btw - how many people asked what had transpired about the Monmouth and subsequent suspensions out of curiosity at the time? So somehow this my issue? How dare you.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Holy Cross Game
02-21-20 11:54 AM - Post#300935    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
My intent was clear.

I'm sure it was clear to you, but I'm not sure it was clear to others. A year after the MSU game, you suddenly started a thread asking what Bruce Moore did to get suspended, using Bruce's name in the title of the thread. Seems to be similar to some of the posts you object to on this thread.

I note that no one has posted what Bruce did to break his hand, although many know, so I don't see that anyone has been treating him unfairly or invading his privacy. Perhaps some of the posts didn't need to be made, but fwiw that is the nature of D1 message boards. About 99% of them are much less polite than this board, including many PL boards.

I've pretty much stayed out of this issue and I will go back to doing that.

raybucknell12 
Freshman

Reg: 02-19-12
02-21-20 12:19 PM - Post#300940    
    In response to Old Bison

@OldBison, what is this incident about Monmouth that you're referring to? For the life of me, I cannot recall any suspensions for that game.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Holy Cross Game
02-21-20 12:54 PM - Post#300946    
    In response to raybucknell12

• RayBucknell12 Said:
@OldBison, what is this incident about Monmouth that you're referring to? For the life of me, I cannot recall any suspensions for that game.

Three players had to sit out the early part of the game for reportedly being late for a meeting. There wasn't much discussion about it at the time.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-21-20 01:13 PM - Post#300954    
    In response to raybucknell12

137 I don't agree at all. READ MY POST (not the title of the thread) and tell me HOW you could textualize it in any other way?! This didn't start with just the Bruce issue it started with the FIRE ND issue (with an ! point). Like I said on prior posts, ND has forgotten more basketball than some of these guys know on a combined basis (including me). He's a professional and as someone said prior he has stood up and taken the heat without a word. So in your opinion the other issue that just came out of the woodwork is fair game as well? I'm not interested in other boards and any qualification of that being "polite" is a big stretch of my understanding of the word. Absolutely no place for a comment like that here. The other thing is anyone thinking I that I'm taking anything "personal" or that "I'm bent out of shape" Nothing could be further than the truth. The season isn't even over and all the rats are jumping off the ship. One game at a time and we gotta play through it. If we run on Lehigh like we ran on HC we'll be fine on Sunday and we'll be fine vs Colgate as well. The little kid (forget his name) isn't going to shoot 60+ plus from 3 on us every game and we need to move him off his spots 4 & 8 o'clock primarily with emphasis on 6 as well. Boston will be an issue because White puts ridiculous pressure on our point guards. We can certainly win the PL although I'm not putting my mortgage money on it. Those are my opinions for "the opinion board"

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-21-20 01:58 PM - Post#300964    
    In response to Old Bison

137 - I would also direct you to TOPIC 21250 (3 Player Suspension May not be over) and read the full 6 pages. Then tell me there isn't a difference in tone and consideration from where we are now. Also, take particular notice of my individual contributions on that thread and how many time I said that Bruce's well being needed to be protected and that the lack of clarity about the TERM OF THE SUSPENSION was a PR nightmare that was making a bad situation worse AND was totally unfair to Bruce. You and Mr Phillie owe me an apology and the context of my post "a year after MSU" as you so expressed are clear and unmistakable and my prior comments are memorialized in topic 21250 referenced. Thank you.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
02-21-20 03:34 PM - Post#300971    

• HuskyColonial Said:
Gentlemen this is very weird. It’s a sports board. Bucknell sports.

VERY true.
New season, new team, new dream . . .

The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Reg: 11-15-15
02-21-20 04:38 PM - Post#300988    

huh...interesting.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
02-21-20 05:42 PM - Post#301004    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
137 - I would also direct you to TOPIC 21250 (3 Player Suspension May not be over) and read the full 6 pages. Then tell me there isn't a difference in tone and consideration from where we are now. Also, take particular notice of my individual contributions on that thread and how many time I said that Bruce's well being needed to be protected and that the lack of clarity about the TERM OF THE SUSPENSION was a PR nightmare that was making a bad situation worse AND was totally unfair to Bruce. You and Mr Phillie owe me an apology and the context of my post "a year after MSU" as you so expressed are clear and unmistakable and my prior comments are memorialized in topic 21250 referenced. Thank you.

'
I respectfully disagree. I was talking only about your starting a post a year after the MSU suspension, using Bruce's name in the title and questioning why he had been suspended. Totally unnecessary. That has nothing to do with your posts on a thread 12 months earlier. As for the tone of the various threads, I haven't contributed to any low tone on any of the threads.

I have no desire to continue this, and hopefully will have the discipline to not read any more posts on this topic.

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
02-21-20 06:26 PM - Post#301016    
    In response to Old Bison

I do not see a need to apologize and there is no reason to continue this topic. I will apologize to the board at large, however, for my part in prolonging a rabbit hole conversation. As an aside, I feel I have a right to be a Bucknell fan even though I did not play for or attend Bucknell.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-23-20 01:57 PM - Post#301525    
    In response to MrPhillie

Yes a year after in a different context. My sentiments were clear in the prior post. I’ll keep up any topic any time I feel like it.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
02-23-20 08:47 PM - Post#301591    
    In response to Old Bison

Three suspended players, who have failed to live up their scholarships, and people on a fan board won’t say why. Pathetic. It’s like the townies who file in and don’t cheer at home games because they think it is church.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

02-27-20 09:36 AM - Post#301908    

How are things going on the Scholarship Quality Control Board these days btw? Can someone please start a thread for discussion about term limits?

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.151 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:43 AM