Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 7 of 7 « First<4567
Username Post: Dartmouth        (Topic#24017)
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
Dartmouth
02-22-20 02:10 PM - Post#301224    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Freud at work in my soul

Edited by PennFan10 on 02-22-20 02:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

02-22-20 02:23 PM - Post#301226    
    In response to PennFan10

Tonight we face a similar but slightly worse ranked defense than Dartmouth, but a much better offense. Let’s hope last weeks dynamic is in play tonight (horrible Friday and surprising Saturday).

Despite the loss a win tonight puts us very close to an ILT spot.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

02-22-20 02:36 PM - Post#301230    
    In response to PennFan10

Scouting report on AJ will be to collapse the paint and let him take 3s. He burned Yale at the end with this.

The other scouting report on Dingle and goodman is to collapse when they drive. Neither of them is a passer off the dribble when going to the paint. Both are only looking to score.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
02-22-20 02:49 PM - Post#301234    
    In response to PennFan10

• PennFan10 Said:
Scouting report on AJ will be to collapse the paint and let him take 3s. He burned Yale at the end with this.

The other scouting report on Dingle and goodman is to collapse when they drive. Neither of them is a passer off the dribble when going to the paint. Both are only looking to score.

AJ had better take those 3's early on. His usual tendency is to leave them short as he tires and he will get tired tonight.

As for Dingle/Goodman - the latter has been known to pass out of the dribble/drive when the defensive setup dictates it and the shooters have inspired some confidence. Maybe we see that tonight? Dingle, not so much - turnover city in traffic.

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
02-22-20 03:02 PM - Post#301237    
    In response to Streamers

Yeah... also no expert, but pretty clear Dartmouth’s strategy was to sag and pack the paint. They would bring soft doubles on AJ and just collapse on drivers. Essentially challenging us to shoot 3’s. We did hit 10 3 pointers... but on 33 attempts. Funny part is that there were even more open 3’s that guys chose not to shoot and instead drove into a clogged lane with poor results.

Had a feeling this would be an L. We played poorly first game at home. AJs ORAT in games against Dartmouth, 69 and 56. This team isn’t winning a game on the road with AJ having a 56 ORAT.

Both defenses played tough but Knight outplayed AJ and their guys were more aggressive and successful driving to get fouled and on the boards. Ball game.

Got to hope for Sat surprise but I’ll be honest, I just don’t see it and then we are in serious trouble.

13otto 
Masters Student
13otto
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 11-22-04
02-22-20 05:00 PM - Post#301243    
    In response to Mike Porter

For the final spot in the ILT, this weekend hinged on Brown. Two wins by Brown and they are likely to finish 9-5. To seriously remain in the hunt, Penn needs to remain within one game of Brown after tonight AND win at Brown next weekend. Falling two games back with the Yale/Brown road trip upcoming could prove to be fatal.

That being said, last night's game did not surprise me. As I posted earlier this week, we just seem to match up better with the bigger, more athletic teams, so I expect a better game from the Quakers tonight. They are 7-0 ATS as an underdog, and 5-0 straight up as an underdog when the opponent is not ranked in the AP top 25. Penn is now 3-6 as a favorite of 7 points or less (2-7 ATS), as was the case last night. If I was a betting man, I'm taking Penn with the points tonight, just as I was taking the points last night, with Dartmouth.
http://www.letsgoquakers.com/

Page 7 of 7 « First<4567
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.878 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:02 AM