Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bruno        (Topic#24061)
Eric Von Zipper 
Senior

Reg: 11-11-17
02-27-20 11:59 PM - Post#301988    

Opens a pick-em.

O/U 136 1/2

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-31-19
02-28-20 10:53 AM - Post#302012    
    In response to Eric Von Zipper

Pick em feels right even after the comfortable home win, Brown is still very good and containing Hunsaker and Anderson twice will be a challenge for JL and Wright (who were great last time). My hope for tonight is for a healthy Schwieger to get back on track and find his offense a little. He struggled on the Yale/Brown home weekend (just 11 points and 6 TOs/4 assists) and then last weekend was sick for the Harvard game and was definitely not 100% at Dartmouth. If the Tigers are going to make any noise in the Ivy League Tournament they'll need Schwieger's offense, and Brown feels like a team he should match up pretty well against.

Brown also came with quite a few doubles in the first game for RA, which opened up passing/cutting lanes for others. Will be interesting to see if Brown tries to play him differently tonight. I thought Gainey really struggled on him in the few times he had RA in single coverage, and Mitchell and Choh don't bring enough size to guard him alone.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
02-28-20 03:09 PM - Post#302042    
    In response to welcometothejungle

For Penn/Yale tonight, Tiger fans can understandably view the outcome differently depending what is most important to you.

The good thing is that Tiger fans will at least be able to root for the Tigers to win tonight and all remaining games no matter how challenging.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-28-20 06:38 PM - Post#302068    
    In response to bradley

As long as we are in the Title hunt, let h,y and Penn lose as many as possible.

westcoast 
Senior

Reg: 03-08-16
02-28-20 08:56 PM - Post#302093    
    In response to Tiger69

Princeton up 40-28 at the half. Tigers hit 8-18 on threes, and are led by JL with 11, Desrosiers with 10, and Friberg with 8. Gainey for Brown blocked 4 shots in the first three minutes as Princeton missed its first 8 shots, but Princeton's offense really picked up after that.

westcoast 
Senior

Reg: 03-08-16
02-28-20 09:36 PM - Post#302141    
    In response to westcoast

Tigers up 62-40 with 5:20 left. Llewellyn leading the way with 19 points and 6 rebounds.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

02-28-20 09:52 PM - Post#302187    
    In response to westcoast

The guys seem to have taken a page from Carla’s book. Solid D. 71-49

bradley 
PhD Student

02-28-20 10:05 PM - Post#302205    
    In response to Tiger69

• Tiger69 Said:
As long as we are in the Title hunt, let h,y and Penn lose as many as possible.

Penn played well and hard but cannot believe that Quakerites choked it up at the end. Coulda shoulda have been a 3 way tie after tonight. Yale never gives up!! Exciting tight season but does it really matter at the end of the regular season????

TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
02-28-20 10:31 PM - Post#302221    
    In response to bradley

Great game from the Tigers on both ends of the court. They cut hard, passed well, and took good shots tonight. And 10/11 from the line! Too bad the Quackers had such an epic collapse but I think if the Tigers play as well tomorrow, they have a chance and Yale still has to play at Harvard and at Dartmouth. Go Tigers!

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

02-28-20 11:09 PM - Post#302239    
    In response to TigerFan

Wasn’t able to watch this one live but sounds like it’ll be a fun one to watch back, just like the home game against Brown. Llewellyn’s offense really seems to be picking up, somewhat quietly having a very good sophomore year. Efficiency isn’t great but the confidence he’s been playing with is great to see

bradley 
PhD Student

02-28-20 11:22 PM - Post#302243    
    In response to welcometothejungle

For a guy who had zero points shooting 0 for 3, Schwieger made a valuable contribution with 6 assists and playing very good defense against Choh with somewhat limited minutes due to fouls. Tigers are usually a different and better team when he is on the floor.

Princeton has obviously made a commitment to defense after the non-conference games and it shows. Defense first!! Brown did have an off game and they are the walking wounded.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

02-29-20 12:44 AM - Post#302270    
    In response to bradley

I would like to think that we can come up with something to stay in the game tomorrow night. But I don’t know what. Still, the fact that Penn can play on the same court with the Elis gives me some hope.

bradley 
PhD Student

02-29-20 09:46 AM - Post#302307    
    In response to Tiger69

• Tiger69 Said:
I would like to think that we can come up with something to stay in the game tomorrow night. But I don’t know what. Still, the fact that Penn can play on the same court with the Elis gives me some hope.

Listened to Monroe interview after the game and Yale is going to be really pumped up going into the game based off the win plus more importantly, it will be senior night for Bruner and Monroe.

I suspect that even though the Tigers clinched a spot in IvyMadness, they will come out in full force as well as a potential payback for the disaster at Jadwin several weeks ago. I could hear it in Henderson's voice regarding this upcoming game on his radio show.

Should be fun to watch and a bruising game.

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

02-29-20 04:25 PM - Post#302369    
    In response to bradley

Just finished watching the replay of last night's game. A few notes…

- Opened with a post up for Wright on Anderson again (seems like the play has been to post up the other team’s PG depending on who they’re guarding to start the game). Wright missed but got a good look at the basket. I really would like to see them posting up Swain and Monroe tonight in New Haven

- Friberg plays such a great role off the bench, his shooting alone makes him a tough guy to guard but his cutting and movement off the ball makes the offense look really good with him on the court. His read on the screen at 11:16 where he got fouled on a 3pt shot was excellent. He’s somewhat limited defensively when guys get a head of steam on him, but he’s still a huge part of this team’s success. He finished with an absurd 205 ORtg in 23 minutes last night, and it really did feel like every time he was in the game the offense was rolling

- Wright only got credit for 1 steal, but he was so effective defensively, had multiple deflections on drivers and dribble handoffs. His athleticism helps him get really high on rebounds and shot contests too. Hunsaker hit a couple really tough fadeaways in the first half. JL and Wright were both super quick around screens on Anderson and Hunsaker, rarely let them get easy drives

- Langborg has a quick trigger and a very smooth looking shot. Think he’s going to be a big part of the backcourt going forward as he gets better defensively

- Desrosiers’ shooting is a huge plus, easy to forget he shot 42% from 3 as a freshman. Also had some great defense in the post on Choh, not sure he can guard Lewis/Atkinson/Brodeur/Kn ight for extended periods of time but would be really nice if he could consistently guard the post

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.46 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:33 AM