Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 10 of 10 « First<78910
Username Post: @Yale        (Topic#24065)
13otto 
Masters Student
13otto
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 11-22-04
02-29-20 02:21 PM - Post#302353    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:
Honestly, neither deserve to make it and it should be a 3-team tournament.

And I think Penn matches up well with both Yale and Harvard, as evidenced by the fact that we split with both (should have gone 3-1) and did better than expected in all four games, as evidenced by Penn covering the point spread each time. In fact, Penn is now 9-0 ATS in games in which it’s been the Vegas underdog. They’re now a tough matchup for more than just Yale.
http://www.letsgoquakers.com/

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
02-29-20 02:47 PM - Post#302354    
    In response to Quakers03

ha.

Did you pass pe?

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
@Yale
02-29-20 03:39 PM - Post#302364    
    In response to 13otto

I certainly agree with your points, which are all valid. The arguments favoring Penn over Brown are also completely understandable.

I am just so disappointed with this team after last night's meltdown added to months of inconsistency (& injuries) and really dispirited losses to Brown and Dartmouth.

I can see Penn winning all 3 games in the regular season and maybe winning a semifinal, but I have a hard time seeing them go 2-0 in the Ivy Tournament on Harvard's home court. I don't see that happening for Brown either, but I could see that for Yale, Harvard and Princeton.

After the poor showings of almost all of the JA years, I should be thankful for a good group of players, a good coach, a yearly top 4-5 showing and a 2018 title. Watching Yale and Harvard become consistent nationally relevant programs (& knowing that all-time great AJ Brodeur is graduating), however, leaves me frustrated that Penn will be mired in the second tier hoping they can get the #4 spot and being teased that the team can win it all if they can play to their potential and things break in their favor.

Edited by rbg on 02-29-20 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
02-29-20 05:15 PM - Post#302375    
    In response to rbg

This is a pretty darn close summary to my thoughts. Let’s hope we can step up tonight with season on the line and perhaps then we’ll feel differently.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: @Yale
02-29-20 05:32 PM - Post#302376    
    In response to rbg

I can sympathize with the frustration expressed above since Penn has been the strongest opponent to YH, the two most talented teams in the League this year. Because I am still holding my ground opposing the Tournament, I am pulling for Penn to make the Tournament and then knock off the Champion(s?), thus receiving the Bid in lieu of the regular season Champ(s?). This might be the only scenario outrageous enough to call the Tournament into question as our means of determining the Bid winner. The NCAA is for champions (and most of the Big >10) and the Bid should go to the winner of a 14 game tournament rather than a 2 game tournament.

The NIT is a consolation prize for also rans.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
02-29-20 06:18 PM - Post#302385    
    In response to Tiger69

While much of the attention of last nights loss is rightfully on the last 1.30 of play, for 38.5 minutes the Quakers played a heck of a game. We did shoot 41% from 3 but the Elis actually shot 42%, which is over their season average. In addition, Yale shot 88% from the FT line when their season average is 72%. The Quakers did almost everything right in the first 95% of the game and their effort to build a 10pt lead on the road was particularly impressive.

The decision to bring Dingle off the bench was bold and seemingly worked (he is a turnover machine so putting him in at the end would have been kerosene on that fire) and the defense of Monroe and Eddie were noticeable improvements. Dev also played Swain about as well as anyone can, he scored only 6 pts while Dev roasted Yale with 23. I liked the moves last night and will be interested in seeing what changes are on tap for tonight.

As mentioned before, the final collapse is correctable, the play of the Quakers for the first 38.5 minutes needs to continue tonight.

Page 10 of 10 « First<78910
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.184 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:26 PM