Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Lux et Veritas        (Topic#24074)
TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-01-20 11:34 AM - Post#302534    
    In response to SRP

I’m a big fan of Morales in certain situations to mix it up but I can understand why Mitch doesn’t have him in at the end last night. He’s just too prone to mistakes on the offensive side (how many times a game does he launch himself into the air with the ball and no clear options?) and too easy to shoot a 3 over on the defensive end. And missing the front end of the one-and-one with 5 and a half to play was brutal.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
03-01-20 11:59 AM - Post#302544    
    In response to TigerFan

Just watched the end on replay.

With one minute left, Princeton down one, with the ball, Schwieger drove the baseline to the hoop and Atkinson blocked it. Out of bounds Yale.

Schwieger had just been blocked by Atkinson on his previous drive moments earlier.

I question his decision. He must try something different. Pull up J or teardrop. If he doesn't have the teardrop, there's a project for him.

I am very impressed with Derosiers' improved D.

Wasn't Much slightly taller than Derosiers?

Do any of you closer to the program have any more insight as to why he left the team?

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-31-19
03-01-20 01:30 PM - Post#302564    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I also thought the Schwieger drives were pretty crucial moments in the game, especially the second one when both Bruner and Atkinson collapsed on him, meaning someone was open for a kick out.

Much probably had an inch or so on Desrosiers, but Desrosiers is definitely stronger and more physical than Much was. I don't think Much's departure from the team was surprising to people around the program, but I will say that he (and Reynoso-Avila, who also left the team before the season) are still on campus and close friends with the guys

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-04-20 08:07 PM - Post#303031    
    In response to welcometothejungle

Schwieger was probably just overconfident on those two drives--it probably felt to him like the first block was bad luck or that he was just a little bit off on his jump. Learning to judge that stuff is important to becoming an even better player.

As for Morales, one could have a discussion about game situations where his stature or high-variance ball-handling might be a problem. Being in a steal-it-or-lose condition at the end of a game is not one of those situations.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.65 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:39 AM