Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell        (Topic#24119)
Eric Von Zipper 
Senior

Reg: 11-11-17
03-07-20 02:16 PM - Post#303397    

Opens Princeton -11 1/2 O/U 135 1/2

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Cornell
03-07-20 08:58 PM - Post#303519    
    In response to Eric Von Zipper

Another humiliating loss to Cornell. 0-2 against a 20-loss team! Brian just outcoached Mitch... again. No effect on Ivy Madness, but now we're definitely in contention for a play-in game even if we emerge victorious, which we very well might if Penn takes down Yale.

Our guys went under, every, single, screen, giving Cornell uncontested 3s all night. Brian knows Mitch is extremely dogmatic when it comes to "playing the numbers" and won't adjust based on game-score alone... even when losing badly to a 20-loss team.

I miss having Brian Earl on our side...

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
Re: Cornell
03-07-20 09:51 PM - Post#303530    
    In response to gokinsmen

Funny, Harvard probably thinks it’s in the driver’s seat once it beats you guys, considering how it has handled Yale so easily two different times this year.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-07-20 10:20 PM - Post#303532    
    In response to penn nation

Cornell was on fire tonight--I'm not sure that it mattered whether they went over or under the screens. But when the early-season disease of opponents killing us from outside recurred, I was again frustrated about not seeing the antidote of ball pressure to force turnovers and disrupt rhythm. Then, when the full-court press started melting Cornell down, MH took it off as soon as the Tigers regained the lead, which seemed like another mistake.

But, on to the folly for a chance at the roulette tables. Certainly no reason to think a win against Harvard is out of reach given the two games they've already played, and the last Yale game was pretty competitive. If Penn were to upset Yale and Princeton Harvard, the resulting championship game would be entertaining and intense.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
03-07-20 11:04 PM - Post#303543    
    In response to SRP

There is no drivers seat
This season is a runaway bus
No idea where things will end up
Perfect year for games to be played without fans

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-07-20 11:10 PM - Post#303544    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I hate to say that Yale really deserves the bid. But, not harvard, not Penn, not Princeton have any business being in contention for the NCAA. The Tournament is just plain stupid.

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-31-19
03-07-20 11:13 PM - Post#303545    

Disappointing loss with probably one of the worst defensive halves of the season, but give credit to Cornell for making a ton of shots tonight. Coach Earl may not be recruiting amazing classes to Ithaca, but I maintain he's one of the best in game coaches in the league. Cornell scored on almost every play out of timeouts and got a ton of points on inbounds plays, and they scored on both plays to start each half.

For the Tigers, the one positive was Llewellyn's offense, which has been on the rise for a few weeks and really blew up tonight. 5/8 from 3 (one of which was the desperation stepback as time expired) and 7/7 from the line, and a career high 30 points. When he's playing aggressive and driving, and the outside shot is falling, he's really fun to watch.

Unfortunate that the Tigers couldn't come up with the comeback win on senior night, but still congrats to Gladson, Morales, and Aririguzoh on their final home games at Jadwin. The team also honored senior manager McKayla Tyrrell who has handled the Tigers' social media and graphics for the past few years. All 4 will be missed by the program!

Now onto the tournament. All it takes is 2 great games, and as streaky as the Tigers are and as close as they've played in 5/6 games against their fellow tournament competitors, I can see anything happening

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
03-07-20 11:35 PM - Post#303550    

• penn nation Said:
Funny, Harvard probably thinks it’s in the driver’s seat once it beats you guys, considering how it has handled Yale so easily two different times this year.

A 1pt win against Yale (02/07) is "easy"? We had an easier time sweeping Penn than Harvard did sweeping Yale.

As for Princeton vs. Harvard, it was a split this season. Both 1pt decisions. Next week's rematch seems like it'll be another nailbiter.

Ivy Madness is totally up in the air. Yale is clearly the best team in the league, but Penn matches up so well against them. Harvard is clearly better than us... but we match up well against them.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
03-07-20 11:46 PM - Post#303554    
    In response to gokinsmen

Yale never led for a single second of the entire contest. They had a valiant comeback at the end that fell short.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-08-20 12:01 AM - Post#303558    

Once again, I speculate about how fun it would be to form an all-star team for the NCAAs. Like Little League, sort of. You could have the winning coach do a selection and coach the resulting team. Yes, chemistry, blah blah, favoritism toward own players, blah blah, but if the rationale for the Ivy Sadness is "fun," that would be a lot more fun.

Otherwise, we could just return to the logical system where Yale would get the NCAA bid and be done with it.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-08-20 09:23 AM - Post#303589    
    In response to SRP

I had a sinking feeling for most of the first half and when Cornell hit every shot they took out of the break it seemed the loss was preordained. Seemed like rather than adjusting the D, Mitch was just expecting Cornell’s shooting to even out. At one point, Cornell was shooting nearly 80% from deep and yet we still kept giving them open looks. Upside was the ferocious full court press that Mitch finally deployed with 5 or so to play and the Tigers down 14 (I wish he had not let off the pressure after the Tigers took back the lead). It was great to see Jadwin respond—loudest I think I’ve heard it in 30 years, although the kid screaming into my ear behind me may have effected my perception of the noise level. On to Cambridge!

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-08-20 01:58 PM - Post#303654    
    In response to Tiger69

Princeton made a good run this season after a very disappointing non-conference play but they do not deserve the opportunity to play in the NCAA Tournament. Yale deserves to go but that really does not matter anymore. For this year, it may be a one and done at the NCAAM Tournament for any IvyMadness winner.

Tiger women, thank goodness, are going to go to NCAAW in spite of IvyMadness. It is unfortunate that they are not playing on their home court for IvyMadness but at least they will not be playing on another team's home court. It will be the first two games of the year that I will not be watching the women play but at least I will see them on the other side of the tunnel.

Good luck to Yale men and Princeton women!

Tiger69 
Postdoc

03-08-20 03:03 PM - Post#303663    
    In response to bradley

I shall be rooting, reluctantly, for either of the Ps to win Ivy Madness and have the dubious reward of a very low seed or play in. Then, Yale can, justifiably, scream about the nonsense of a 2 game tournament on an opponent’s floor to undo the efforts of an entire season.

As for the Tiger Woman, Go.Tigers! You are too good to be stopped by nonsense.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
03-08-20 07:25 PM - Post#303688    
    In response to Tiger69

Yale wanted this

Tiger69 
Postdoc

03-08-20 08:53 PM - Post#303697    

No taking away from the win. Too bad Amaker couldn’t wake up his talented charges the night before.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.254 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:55 AM