Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Tape to Duke        (Topic#24196)
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
Tape to Duke
05-13-20 01:28 PM - Post#307311    
    In response to internetter

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men" The Shadow knows," but apparently isn't about to share his information with the Ivy League.

Edited by Columbia 37P6 on 05-13-20 01:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LocalTiger 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-15-17
05-13-20 02:16 PM - Post#307314    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

I understand that a fan wants a player to stay at his school.
I do not follow Dr, V, however. As to a heralded recruit, you
Are lucky to have him and he has a right to leave .
An under the radar kid who improves does not have
the same privilege?
Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, but that one
Makes little sense to me.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
05-13-20 10:00 PM - Post#307328    
    In response to LocalTiger

The Blakeney thing is interesting.

Different kids want different things from the experience, and that is okay. One thing that is surprising to me, though, is that Tape spent very little time as the big fish in a small pond. At Duke, he certainly has an opportunity, but there is also a lot of risk, at least in terms of playing time. The opportunity to experience big time college basketball is a bigger draw for him than starring at Columbia.

As for starring at Columbia, it is probably worth noting that the switch flipped on for Tape EXACTLY when Smith got hurt. Tape was averaging 6 points per game and had just one double digit scoring game (11) in those 7 games with Smith. He averaged 13 per game without Smith. And he had more single digit scoring games (6) in the 7 games with Smith than he did in the 20 without him. So it is not inconceivable that he looked at that and figured he wasn’t going to be a star at Columbia this year anyway with Smith back.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
05-13-20 10:17 PM - Post#307329    
    In response to SomeGuy

There's a photo - I thought on this board - of Tape in a walking boot apparenlty late in last summer (2019). It was discussed by someone who knew more about it.

Murph 
Masters Student

Reg: 09-13-11
Tape to Duke
05-19-20 01:25 PM - Post#307532    
    In response to Dr. V

Man, you guys are a bunch of cranky old men. How can you not be happy for the kid? IMO, he played it just right. He parlayed his basketball skills into an Ivy League education. Then he did it again, this time for a graduate degree from Duke. And that's only the academic aspect.

He was able to star for Columbia, and now he'll be part of a top 5 program in the nation and get to play for one of the top coaches in NCAA history. And he gets to go to The Dance. He might even win a National Championship.

And as a 5th year senior, he'll be older, stronger, smarter and craftier than most those one-and-doners. I would be very surprised if he didn't play major minutes, and I would not be surprised if he started for Duke.

Well done, Mr. Tape!

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.164 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:53 PM