Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 9 <2345>» Last
Username Post: Transfer List        (Topic#24861)
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
11-19-20 09:10 PM - Post#317092    
    In response to Silver Maple

God I love this group.

sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
Re: Transfer List
11-19-20 10:01 PM - Post#317096    
    In response to palestra38

Judging by photos, I think Dame Collins has passed through the portal herself.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-20-20 12:54 AM - Post#317101    
    In response to sparman

Transferred
Brendan Barry (Dartmouth): Temple
Jadyn Bush (Harvard): Cal - 2 years remaining

Entered Transfer Portal
Paul Atkinson (Yale)
Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell)
Tamenang Choh (Brown)
McKenna Dale (Brown)
Jerome Desrosiers (Princeton)
Danilo Djuricic (Harvard)
Maria Guramare (Havard)
Katie Kinum (Penn)
Bryan Knapp (Cornell)
Chris Knight (Dartmouth)
Rio Haskett (Harvard)
Carlie Littlefield (Princeton)
Terrance McBride (Cornell)
Aaryn Rai (Dartmouth)
Ryan Schwieger (Princeton)
Kate Sramac (Cornell)
Asha Taylor (Dartmouth) - graduating after junior year, will have 2 years remaining
Riley Voss (Cornell)

Speculative
Charlie Bagin (Princeton) - taking year off, probably returning in 2021-2022
Elijah Barnes (Princeton) - taking year off, probably returning in 2021-2022
Eleah Parker (Penn)
Eddie Scott (Penn)
Jarod Simmons (Penn)
Gabe Stefanini (Columbia)
Jelani Williams (Penn) - possibly staying for 5th year in 2021-2022

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
11-20-20 10:01 AM - Post#317111    
    In response to palestra38

• palestra38 Said:
Mariette Hartley indeed was hotter than Joan Collins, but Kirk got neither, as he only gets the green ones.

Personally, I think Miss America Lee Meriwether was better than both of them.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/That_Which_Su...

Alas, Kirk didn't get her either.

palestra38 
Professor

11-20-20 10:02 AM - Post#317112    
    In response to Go Green

"I am for you, James T. Kirk."

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
11-21-20 08:54 AM - Post#317153    
    In response to SomeGuy

There has been a fair amount of conversation over the past several years if IL basketball is on the upswing. Additionally, some have expressed that the league might be heading towards a significantly higher level of performance in the not too distant future.

In the short term, the decision to cancel play will have some type of negative effect although it will obviously be a function on how many of the better players transfer. The longer term effect, if any, is to be determined but it seems hard to believe that it does not have some effect on recruiting.

IL Presidents had a tough decision to make and time will tell if it was indeed the right one. We do know, as per the norm, there were issues with communication which is not the least bit surprising.

Many people comment as to how college athletes are treated, i.e. should they be paid, transfer rules, etc. It does seem that athletes have much input on major decisions that greatly effect them.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
Transfer List
11-21-20 05:24 PM - Post#317156    
    In response to bradley

It's not going to just affect Ivy recruiting. The effect on D1 recruiting will be substantial with every athelete being granted an extra year of eligibility and seniors looking at entering the transfer portal. Last year saw 900 transfers in D1 basketball and this year the number is already 20% higher and it will climb.

With that many transfers taking scholarships(limiting the number available to HS grads) and Covid restrictions eliminating live recruiting, an Ivy degree combined with a D1 schedule has never been more attractive. That's why it's even more of a tragedy that we will likely be the only D1 basketball conference to completely cancel.

I don't know how the recruiting will fall out and who will benefit, but it seems pretty clear the status quo is going to go through some serious change.

Edited by PennFan10 on 11-21-20 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
11-21-20 05:52 PM - Post#317158    
    In response to bradley

I think short term we are going to see a significant drop in the league’s level of play. It will be lack of experience more than anything else. In recent years, we have had at least 4 top 200 teams, and we haven’t had a bottom 50 team in quite a while. We even had a year with no teams in the bottom 100. Even Columbia last year, going 1-13 in the league, was 299 in kenpom. In the old days, multiple Ivy teams would have been worse than that every year.

Next year, it is probably meaningful that mrjames both thinks Penn will sink out of the top 200, and will likely be a favorite to make the Ivy tournament. Columbia, Cornell, and Dartmouth all will lose just about everything. Assuming everyone else in division one plays this year (which is not a certainty), the league’s experience deficit will be huge next year. OOC, everyone but Princeton and Yale will have a lot of trouble being competitive out of conference.

mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
11-22-20 06:12 PM - Post#317185    
    In response to SomeGuy

Yeah, just to be clear, I don't know if Penn indeed will be a favorite to make the Top 4 in 2021-22 - just that maybe they will (doesn't change your point at all, but just for posterity's sake). Opposed to in 20-21, where I would have had Yale, Brown, Harvard and Princeton clearly favored as the Top 4.

The league would have taken a step back this season, for sure - likely much more significant than the -2 EM rating that KenPom estimated for the league... I could have easily seen the league falling into the 20s in conference rank again.

The extra season will have mixed effects, but I think net, net, it will be helpful. The bottom of the league will likely be worse - possibly having two 300s teams in the same season for the first time since 2010. But I could see Harvard, Princeton and Yale all being Top 150 teams. Brown and Penn are a bit of a wildcard - Penn for what it brings back paired with a few pieces from its recent classes and Brown for its strong recent recruiting.

I do think the OOC could start as a disaster. Princeton often doesn't play well OOC for no apparent reason. Similar for Harvard, though we know the reason and with tons of talent and no set rotation, I'd expect much the same in 21-22 (some weird losses, but also some Tier A/B wins out of nowhere). Penn just won't be talented enough for a series of AJ-led stunners to buoy the league. Yale should have a decent run, and Brown will probably randomly beat URI or Providence, to keep things somewhat reasonable. At the same time, every team looks a little out of sorts to start the season, so I'm not sure I buy that all of the returning minutes will be overwhelming versus our relatively fresh faces.

As of now, the league has only lost graduating seniors who weren't going to be here next year under normal circumstances anyway. That's a good sign. Seeing recruiting attrition or transfers of players with years of Ivy eligibility left would be a really BAD sign. As long as the league avoids that, though, I'm not sure that the play/don't play decision will have any real impact at all, except to avoid contesting a season that probably could have been the low point in conference rank since 2010.

rbg 
Postdoc

11-22-20 08:12 PM - Post#317190    
    In response to mrjames

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/11/penn- mens-ba...

15 questions with... Eddie Scott, a Penn men's basketball senior

- 1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am from Prince George's County Maryland, right outside of DC. I went to school in DC my whole life. I am a student-athlete and I am graduating Penn this year with a degree in Communications. I am excited to graduate and I now have two more years to play college basketball with my eligibility. So, I will be going on to some university in the country to continue my athletics career. -

rbg 
Postdoc

Transfer List
11-22-20 08:13 PM - Post#317191    
    In response to rbg

Transferred
Brendan Barry (Dartmouth): Temple

Entered Transfer Portal
Paul Atkinson (Yale)
Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell)
Tamenang Choh (Brown)
McKenna Dale (Brown)
Maria Guramare (Havard)
Katie Kinum (Penn)
Bryan Knapp (Cornell)
Chris Knight (Dartmouth)
Rio Haskett (Harvard)
Aaryn Rai (Dartmouth)
Eddie Scott (Penn) - 2 years remaining
Kate Sramac (Cornell)
Asha Taylor (Dartmouth) - graduating after junior year, will have 2 years remaining
Riley Voss (Cornell)

Speculative
Eleah Parker (Penn)
Jarod Simmons (Penn)

Edited by rbg on 11-22-20 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SomeGuy 
Professor

11-23-20 12:10 AM - Post#317196    
    In response to mrjames

The reason I have a concern for ‘21-‘22 is that (and I think I have largely learned this from you) returning minutes really matter a lot. If the rest of division one plays and we do not, and none of their players use eligibility, almost everyone in D1 will return something close to 100% of their minutes from ‘20-‘21 (while adding another recruiting class and some Ivy grad transfers). Meanwhile, we will put forward nearly half of our league losing 75% of their minutes from the last time they played. We can make up some of this if our talent level is higher. But only Harvard is recruiting at a level where this is the case. I can’t imagine that any statistical model that you use would say that Harvard would be any good next year given their losses — you not only need to presume a very good recruiting class — it seems to me you would have to presume a supernaturally good one, and not just in the Ivy sense. I find it hard to imagine that Columbia, Cornell, and Dartmouth can lose all of their minutes, play 14 games against teams that return everyone, and expect to win much. None of this matters in conference of course — everyone is in the same boat, which is why in the league Harvard’s recruiting classes should easily put them in the top 4. But I think the league is likely to really take its lumps OOC.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
11-23-20 09:42 AM - Post#317204    
    In response to mrjames

I hope that your prediction regarding next year is reasonably accurate although it seems doubtful.

It will be interesting to see what other conferences cancel the upcoming season and if it turns out the IL made the right call. Time will tell.

mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
11-23-20 10:48 AM - Post#317210    
    In response to SomeGuy

Yep - generally the breakeven point is 70% returning minutes for the Ivy, and as you mention, the implicit assumption is that the average recruiting class/internal talent can make up for 30% of minutes at a similar level to those departing. You can think of schools like Kentucky and Duke, where returning minutes don't seem to matter at all because of how strongly they recruit and there are likely low majors where the breakeven point on returning minutes is even higher because they very rarely get impact players.

With two recruiting classes coming in at once, that returning minutes threshold is likely lower, though clearly we don't have the talent of a Kentucky or Duke where it doesn't matter at all.

I'd argue that Harvard's combined top 7 in 2020 and 2021 are very comparable to the 2016 class. There's no Bryce Aiken in the class, but 2020 and 2021 is deeper with talent than 2016 was. And the 2017 Harvard team was much better than 2016 with only Siyani, Corey, some Zena and the boatload of freshmen. That's a good comp to focus on when thinking about what 21-22 could bring.

Similarly, Brown's combined 2020 and 2021 hauls are the biggest influx of talent that team has seen in a single year since the Earl and Alai class. Yale has a couple high major recruits coming, and it looks like Molloy is starting to find it again after leaving NMH.

My point is merely that these hybrid 2020 AND 2021 recruiting classes should be expected to lower that RPM bar. How much is a big question. Also, with all of the grad transfers, while other teams will have experienced players, those players may have less experience together, though I agree, OOC may be a big tougher than it has been in past years.

rbg 
Postdoc

11-23-20 07:20 PM - Post#317242    
    In response to mrjames

Rio Haskett (Harvard) to Hampton University of the Big South.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/11/22/family-tie s-bri...

Family ties bring Harvard’s Rio Haskett to Hampton

- Haskett played his high school ball at Richmond’s L.C. Bird High School. He led Bird to a 90-11 record as a three-year starter. He was named All-State twice.

He will now be following in the footsteps of his father, Mario Haskett Sr. Mario Sr. played college ball in the CIAA at St. Paul’s College for the late Edward “Buck” Joyner Sr. in the late 1990s. Now his son will be playing for Buck Joyner Jr. at Hampton.

“We’re family. Me and Buck are like brothers,” Haskett Sr. told HBCU Gameday. “The opportunity presented itself, and — to make a long story short — my son said ‘dad, he’s gonna give me the keys to the car, I’ma drive.” -

rbg 
Postdoc

Transfer List
11-23-20 07:27 PM - Post#317243    
    In response to rbg

Transferred
Brendan Barry (Dartmouth): Temple - playing this season
Rio Haskett (Harvard): Hampton

Entered Transfer Portal
Paul Atkinson (Yale)
Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell)
Tamenang Choh (Brown)
McKenna Dale (Brown)
Maria Guramare (Havard)
Katie Kinum (Penn)
Bryan Knapp (Cornell)
Chris Knight (Dartmouth)
Aaryn Rai (Dartmouth)
Kate Sramac (Cornell)
Riley Voss (Cornell)

Speculative
Eleah Parker (Penn)
Jarod Simmons (Penn)

Edited by rbg on 11-23-20 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rbg 
Postdoc

12-05-20 11:32 PM - Post#317607    
    In response to rbg

Verbal Commits had a huge number of additions to the list on December 1st - Jarrod Simmons of Penn, Matt DeWolf & Jake Shaper of Brown and the entire senior class at Columbia.

https://verbalcommits.com/conferences/ivy

Madison Pack of Columbia has also put her name in for a transfer.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-tra nsfers-fa...

Transferred

Entered Transfer Portal
Paul Atkinson (Yale)
Tai Bibbs (Columbia)
Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell)
Luke Bolster (Columbia)
Randy Brumant (Columbia)
Tamenang Choh (Brown)
McKenna Dale (Brown)
Matt DeWolf (Brown)
Reed Farley (Harvard)
Maria Guramare (Havard)
Katie Kinum (Penn)
Jake Klores (Columbia)
Bryan Knapp (Cornell)
Chris Knight (Dartmouth)
Madison Pack (Columbia)
Aaryn Rai (Dartmouth)
Jake Shaper (Brown)
Jarrod Simmons (Penn)
Joseph Smoyer (Columbia)
Kate Sramac (Cornell)
Riley Voss (Cornell)

Speculative
Jameel Alausa (Yale) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Jalen Gabbidon (Yale) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Eleah Parker (Penn)
Azar Swain (Yale) - possibly taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Wyatt Yess (Yale)

SomeGuy 
Professor

12-06-20 01:37 AM - Post#317609    
    In response to mrjames

For what it’s worth, that 2017 Harvard team returned close to 70% of its minutes. And two of the three teams that finished ahead of Harvard in 2016 lost more than 50% of their minutes (Yale and Columbia).

rbg 
Postdoc

12-18-20 01:39 PM - Post#318118    
    In response to SomeGuy

According to Jeff Goodman at Stadium, Wyatt Yess (Yale) has entered the transfer portal.

https://watchstadium.com/college-basketballs-2 020-...

Here is the latest updated after adding this information and last week's AP roundtable with 4 of the women's coaches.

Men
Transferred

Entered Transfer Portal
Paul Atkinson (Yale)
Tai Bibbs (Columbia)
Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell)
Luke Bolster (Columbia)
Randy Brumant (Columbia)
Tamenang Choh (Brown)
Matt DeWolf (Brown)
Reed Farley (Harvard)
Jake Klores (Columbia)
Bryan Knapp (Cornell)
Chris Knight (Dartmouth)
Aaryn Rai (Dartmouth)
Jake Shaper (Brown)
Jarrod Simmons (Penn)
Joseph Smoyer (Columbia)
Riley Voss (Cornell)
Wyatt Yess (Yale)

Returning
Jameel Alausa (Yale) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Jalen Gabbidon (Yale) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022

Unclear
Mark Jackson (Penn)
EJ Perry (Brown)
Azar Swain (Yale) - possibly taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Ben Swett (Dartmouth)

Women
Transferred

Entered Transfer Portal
McKenna Dale (Brown)
Maria Guramare (Harvard)
Katie Kinum (Penn)
Madison Pack (Columbia)
Kate Sramac (Cornell)

Returning
Alex Cade (Yale) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Rachel Levy (Harvard) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022
Maddie Stuhlreyer (Harvard) - taking year off, returning in 2021-2022

Not Returning
Sydney Boyer (Princeton) - enrolled, not entering transfer portal
McKenna Haire (Princeton) - enrolled, not entering transfer portal
Matilda Salen (Harvard) - enrolled, not entering transfer portal

Unclear
Tori Andrew (Yale)
Ellen Margaret Andrews (Yale) - possibly has 2 years of eligibility (injured after 5 games in her sophomore year)
Riley Casey (Columbia) - enrolled, no decision for 2021-2022
Tori Crawford (Penn) - enrolled, no decision made for 2021-2022
Christina Dicindio (Penn) - enrolled, no decision made for 2021-2022
Michae Jones (Penn) - enrolled, no decision made for 2021-2022
Dominique Leonidas (Brown)
Elle Louie (Dartmouth)
Anna Luce (Dartmouth)
Andrea McCormick (Columbia) - enrolled, no decision made for 2021-2022
Halley Miklos (Cornell)
Eleah Parker (Penn) - enrolled, no decision made for 2021-2022
Kallin Spiller (Columbia) - enrolled, no decision for 2021-2022

welcometothejungle 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-31-19
12-21-20 02:20 PM - Post#318156    
    In response to rbg

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1 341060585...

Ryan Schwieger has committed to Loyola-Chicago. He'll graduate from Princeton this spring and be eligible to play next season for the Ramblers

Page 2 of 9 <2345>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.58 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:43 AM