Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brumant        (Topic#25108)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
02-26-21 12:59 PM - Post#321207    

Also going to Howard; I wish him well-good player!

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-27-21 12:27 AM - Post#321222    
    In response to Chet Forte

Chet, am I correct thst Gabe Stefanini is the only remaining senior on Columbia's roster with significant minutes? If Columbia can retain Stefanini's service, it seems to me that the Lions would have three experienced players in Stefanini, Ike Nweke and Maka Elis. Without Stefanini, the Lions' only experienced players will be Nweke and Ellis. Fortunately, Patrick Harding has transferred into Columbia with very strong rebounding stats that suggest he will be an immediate force.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
02-27-21 10:05 AM - Post#321228    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

CORRECT; and if Gabe is healthy he will be a huge plus for us.

cc66 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-09-09
02-27-21 04:30 PM - Post#321245    
    In response to Chet Forte

Now I'm really confused. I thought these players had transferred, and that as a consequence, the Columbia roster, excluding what are supposed to be some pretty good recruits, was stripped bare.

Can someone summarize who actually did leave, and who is likely to be on the roster, assuming we play next fall?

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
Brumant
02-27-21 09:24 PM - Post#321253    
    In response to cc66

My understanding is that all of the seniors on the ColumbiaMen's Basketball Roster have entered the Transfer Portal. Two of those players, Tai Bibbs and Randy Brumant, have announced that they are transferring to Howard University, whose head coach is the former Columbia Assistant Coach, Ken Blakeney. The other four Columbia seniors have not announced whether they are actually transferring to another school, or plan to do something else next year such as play professionally overseas which might be an option in Gabe Stefanini's case. The three remaining seniors on Columbia's roster are Luke Bolster, Joseph Steyer, and Klores. I believe Bolster was elected last year as one of the Lions' tri-captains, and he did start one game and played some minutes, so I can see Columbia possibly trying to retain him. I am uncertain of Steyer and Klores' situation. In any event, I assume that the Lions' Coaching Staff did not count on any of the six players returning when it was out recruiting prior to the belated decision of the Ivy League last month to allow graduate seniors to play. It would be very nice if Columbia could retain Stefanini, but that seems unlikely. Anyway you look at it, Columbia's Men's Basketball Team will have many new faces next winter and there will be unprecedented opportunities for all the newcomers to see playing time.

Edited by Columbia 37P6 on 02-27-21 09:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.246 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:24 PM