Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mihalich, Sr. Not Returning to Hofstra        (Topic#25166)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-19-21 01:22 PM - Post#322303    

Unfortunately news about the father of Penn assistant coach Joe Mihalich, Jr.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1 372954367...

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello

Joe Mihalich won’t return as Hofstra’s head coach next season, sources told ESPN. He missed this season with health issues. School is expected to conduct a search for a permanent replacement — with interim head coach Mike Farrelly a candidate, sources said.
12:53 PM · Mar 19, 2021

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-19-21 01:27 PM - Post#322305    
    In response to rbg

MBB: Mihalich To Transition To New Role

https://gohofstra.com/news/2021/3/19/mens-b asketba...

- Hofstra University Vice President and Director of Athletics Rick Cole Jr. announced today that Head Men's Basketball Coach Joe Mihalich will transition to a new role within the department and serve as a special advisor to the director of athletics.

"Coach Mihalich has been an incredible leader, educator, and steward of our men's basketball program over the past eight years," commented Cole Jr. "His leadership from day one has allowed our program to experience tremendous levels of success, both on and off the court. He values the student-athlete experience in every way and has put a priority on winning the right way. Joe is a wonderful ambassador for our University and I am personally thrilled to have him as a trusted colleague here at Hofstra. Joe's remarkable level of success here at Hofstra and at every stop along his unbelievable coaching career showcases the type of coach and person he is. We are so grateful for his years of service on the sidelines here at Hofstra."

"I always said to my sons and my teams 'END ON A MAKE'...and that's what I did," stated Mihalich. "I love Hofstra University and the entire Pride family. Having that championship moment in 2020 is something I, and the entire Hofstra family, will never forget. I am thankful for all of the student-athletes that I have coached and the staff members that were with me over the past eight years. I look forward to serving the Hofstra Pride in a new role and seeing our programs continue to flourish." -

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.3 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:17 AM