Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Patriot League Refs.        (Topic#2519)
BreakinBison 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-23-06
02-20-06 12:17 PM - Post#16017    

I've seen a couple of posts over on panther nation indicating the ref. crew was a "Patriot League" crew.

To my knowledge the Patriot League does NOT have its own set of referees a la the Big 10, SEC, Big East, etc.

Instead we share a series of refs who cover games throughout the Northeast including A-10, Big East, Ivy League, MAAC, etc.

In addition, I don't recall ever seeing any of those ref.'s before the UNI/BU game (not sure if someone can check the statistics on that).

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball and BU gave the game to UNI; however, I just wanted to comment on a couple of posts that indicated the ref's were bad "because they were Patriot League refs."

Trust me, we get our above average share of bad referees throughout the season; however, I believe to suggest the poor calls were being made to favor one team over the other because the ref's belonged to the Patriot League is incorrect.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
Re: Patriot League Refs.
02-20-06 01:08 PM - Post#16018    
    In response to BreakinBison

I don't recall seeing any of them either, but on ESPN, they said it was a Patriot League crew.

LU06 
Freshman

Reg: 01-25-06
02-20-06 02:26 PM - Post#16019    
    In response to BUFan

I watched the game and heard the PL refs comment as well. I know for a fact that one referee (the white guy) has done some Lehigh games in the past, so he is a ref that does PL games. As mentioned above, i don't believe there is a group that are PL refs, just local refs that tend to get the call more often than others.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-20-06 04:22 PM - Post#16020    
    In response to LU06

The most shocking thing if they were PL refs is how few fouls were called. Most PL refs are completely whistle-happy!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.27 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:17 PM