Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Going a little rogue with a football post        (Topic#25466)
Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
09-19-21 09:32 AM - Post#326743    

Watched the Penn-Bucknell football game on ESPN. I know it’s not a strong Bison squad, but our guys looked pretty good after skipping last year, particularly on offense and the defensive front. The (now) Senior QB can really put it on his strong set of receivers downfield and the O-line was herding Bison all night.

In fact, it was a pretty strong performance by the entire league yesterday. Good to see.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
10-01-21 03:50 PM - Post#326869    
    In response to Streamers

Tune in ESPNU tonight for a more challenging test!

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
10-01-21 05:15 PM - Post#326870    
    In response to Go Green

I forgot it was on ESPNU... thanks for the reminder

Glenflesk 
Freshman

Loc: Subr Phila
Reg: 11-20-08
Watching Penn Basketball Games on Computer
10-02-21 02:15 AM - Post#326878    
    In response to Streamers

As I recall from prior years, it is possible to subscribe to a service with a monthly charge and be able to see Penn Basketball games. I have a season ticket but would like to watch away games and the women's games. Seems to me that it is also possible to see Penn games in other sports. Like football incl. home games.

Anyone recall how one signs up for those games and are they a satisfactory way to see a game?

palestra38 
Professor

Re: Watching Penn Basketball Games on Computer
10-02-21 05:42 AM - Post#326879    
    In response to Glenflesk

http://www.ivyleaguenetwork.com/

Requires a subscription to ESPN+, which is $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year. You get premium ESPN content with that subscription.

Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
10-02-21 11:12 AM - Post#326880    
    In response to palestra38

The ESPN+ subscription price has been increased to $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year, or it can be purchased as part of a bundle with Hulu (with ads) and Disney Plus for $13.99 per month. Hulu without ads raises the monthly price to $19.99.

An ESPN+ subscription gives you.
(1) All Penn home games for all sports.
(2) All Penn road games against Ivy opponents (with the home team's broadcast crew).
(3) All Penn road games against opponents whose conferences are part of the ESPN+ family (with the home team's broadcast crew).
(4) Other premium ESPN content (professional and college sports, 30 for 30 documentaries, etc ...)

The Atlantic 10 is affiliated with ESPN+. The men's road games at George Mason, St. Joe and LaSalle should be available on ESPN+.

The America East is affiliated with ESPN+. The women's road games at Hartford and Stony Brook should be available on ESPN+.

All men's games from the Myrtle Beach tournament will be televised on ESPN over the air (linear) networks.

The ACC and the SEC have separate arrangements with ESPN. The men's games at Florida State and at Arkansas should be available on an ESPN platform (either linear or digital).

Other conferences (Patriot, NEC) have their own digital packages which may be available without charge or may require a one game subscription.

And, there are renegade internet feeds of games which are frequently available, but certain precautions are required before using.

Edited by Stuart Suss on 10-02-21 11:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
10-02-21 12:36 PM - Post#326881    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

That was a thorough beat-down. No other way to look at it. That's a strong Green squad.

OldBig5 
Masters Student

Reg: 02-18-18
10-02-21 02:20 PM - Post#326883    
    In response to Streamers

ESPN+ now includes most out of market hockey games if you are a Flyers fan like me who lives away from the Delaware Valley. Or a fan of any other team that lives away from that market. It also has a bunch of MLS games.

palestra38 
Professor

10-02-21 08:51 PM - Post#326888    
    In response to Streamers

There are 4 very good Ivy teams in football— Penn is not one of them.

dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
10-03-21 12:34 PM - Post#326892    
    In response to Stuart Suss

• Stuart Suss Said:

Other conferences (Patriot, NEC) have their own digital packages which may be available without charge or may require a one game subscription.

The Patriot league has hopped on the Worldwide Leader train.
This article also includes a list of at least a large number of the conferences that have joined that indicates the NEC is on board as well, along with the AAC, America East, A-10, and MAAC, which are all leagues we play at least somewhat frequently.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
10-03-21 01:47 PM - Post#326894    
    In response to Streamers

• Streamers Said:
  • Go Green Said:

That was a thorough beat-down. No other way to look at it. That's a strong Green squad.

I'm calling it right now: this is going to be the worst team since the Gary Steele era (most of my time at school. ) Dartmouth was clearly physically better at most positions, the lines in particular. The defense, while not great, is OK, but the offense is just awful. The pity is that they do have a couple of good receivers, but the QB is awful. Cragun got wide open for what would have been a touchdown at one point, but Quinnerly underthrew it by 5-10 yards and it was easily picked off. As far as I'm concerned, unless there is a major turnaround over the rest of the season, @PrioreMustGo; he hasn't gotten it done since Bagnoli's players left, and even those years had some dissapointments.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

palestra38 
Professor

10-03-21 02:23 PM - Post#326895    
    In response to dperry

I've noted repeatedly over the past 5 years that Penn is smaller and slower than its rivals--something that never was the case when Bagnoli was the coach. Recruiting has fallen off dramatically

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
10-03-21 06:11 PM - Post#326897    
    In response to dperry

With all due respect to your superior knowledge of the league, I don’t think it is as bad as you believe. They will likely get beaten up by all 4 good Ivies, but I think they stand a decent chance against the rest of their schedule, including Lehigh. We agree the defense is mediocre at best. The offense racked up nearly 500 yds against a poor Bison squad (that beat Cornell) and Quinnerly threw for nearly 250 against a Lafayette team they should have beaten. Their skill guys are all pretty good. Malcom is dangerous if he gets some room to run. Quinnerly himself is a bit baffling. I think I heard he’s 25 years old who came off a Mormon mission to ride the bench for 2 years, lose last year, and steal the starting job this year. He is mobile enough and has a really good arm. Six years between game snaps has clearly made him tight under pressure, but he’s not as bad as he looked this week, or as good as what you saw in Lewisburg. I think they win 3 more games.

All that said, the comments about recruiting under Priore appear to be well-founded. Maybe Asia can weigh in on that.

AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

10-04-21 10:00 AM - Post#326908    
    In response to Streamers

I have watched all 3 games but these are just my impressions and not facts:

1) I think the defense is the strength of the team. Dartmouth uses a lot of motion and misdirection and there definitely were times that our defense looked ragged. But - they were on the field way to long and were under a lot of pressure because we couldn’t sustain much on offense.

2) The offense is way behind the defense. The OL is young and clearly not dominant. Our WRs are good but they don’t block very well. Look at the Dartmouth WRs. They block on those flare passes. Our guys don’t do a good job.

3) The QB has a good arm. Having said that, I think he looks a bit lost back there. I think he lacks certain fundamentals a QB needs. I don’t think he has good feet, pocket presence or that he is in sync with our WRs. Personally I think it might be worth seeing how one of the younger QBs might fare. Quinnelly is supposed to be a terrific young man, but I don’t see the program moving forward without considering going in a different direction.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.151 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:29 AM