Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Southern Utah        (Topic#25647)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
11-22-21 10:21 PM - Post#329595    

Bulldogs go to sunny Florida for yet another mid-season tournament that is bereft of any power conference teams. At least some of these teams will be intriguing, though — SUU is the preseason favorite to win the Big Sky, and Milwaukee has a presumptive NBA 1st rounder on their squad. Southern Utah has had some, uh, interesting results this year, like losing to KP 311 Dixie State. Interestingly, SUU shoots more 3s proportionately than your average bear (108th most in the country, per KP), but they have the 13th worst 3P% in the country. They might be due for a regression. Of course, they might just be bad.

I'm not certain that this game is actually going to be televised anywhere, so the plethora of Bulldog fans on here will just have to make do with live stats.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
Re: Southern Utah
11-23-21 03:57 PM - Post#329654    
    In response to iogyhufi

Let's make it two games in a row where Yale blows a big lead to lose a very winnable game. I don't think I can reasonably analyze a game I didn't see save for on live stats, but this team's performances down the stretch seem to be showing that they haven't figured out who they've got who's going to be The Guy yet. Who can they go to when they need someone to make a shot when the chips are down? Who can settle the team down when the other team goes on a run? So far, it's not quite clear that they know.

Positives from this: there's a lot of obvious talent on the team, and when they get things clicking, they really click.

Negatives: The way in which they lost the lead looked like just poor decision-making. Not once, but twice fouling a three-point shooter at the end of regulation is inexcusable. Two quick turnovers - by your best player! - after getting a rebound while you're winning with the shot clock off is similarly unacceptable.

As before, all you can do is learn and move on.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.509 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:12 AM