Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Auburn        (Topic#25702)
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
12-04-21 10:06 AM - Post#330550    

Another tough matchup in some ways like seton hall.

Auburn is tough. Guard play improving and post oozes nba. You have Kessler who is huge and a tough guard with a jumper
And the other atl kid is an inside out beast

i honestly don’t know how you guard these guys with what yale starts. Maybe they adjust. Maybe they put up 40 3 balls and hope they shoot 35+ which they haven’t done well consistently

i like Jarvis and what he is doing. He will be strong come Ivy League play. Basa ama has potential. But rebounding and staying out of foul trouble for them is essential to keep this margin inside the shus.and these guys they are playing are bigger and very skilled

Anyway I give James credit for trying something new though it’s out of necessity due to experience and injury and these guys need to develop fast. Today is another tough matchup for this yale lineup

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
Re: Auburn
12-04-21 11:35 AM - Post#330554    
    In response to james

Yeah, this is a bad, bad matchup for Yale. Jabari Smith is the truth down low, and playing small is gonna make a tough situation tougher on defense. Unfortunately Yale's small-ball lineups don't feature five shooters (I love Isaiah Kelly, but a shooter he is not), so it'll be a bit harder to punish them on that end.

It's a bit unfortunate that all of Yale's buy games this year are against teams that are in the Top 25 or very close (Seton Hall, Auburn, Saint Mary's), so there's not a great opportunity to get a P5 win. All I'm looking for this afternoon is for the team to put together a complete performance - no slow starts, running the offense, strong defensive effort. If they can do that, I'll be pleased.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
12-04-21 01:02 PM - Post#330559    
    In response to iogyhufi

I watched smith and Kessler play each other in high school. I thought both would be in the nba soon. smith is ahead of Kessler Bc he’s a modern big. But Kessler has a mid range jumper. It was better than Kelly’s in high school
Oh and he’s 7’1+

Shoutout to all 3 and high school ball in the atl and ga.it’s insanely good

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-04-21 08:45 PM - Post#330645    
    In response to james

Devon Cambridge who had a double double is the younger brother former Brown player Desmond.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:13 AM