Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown        (Topic#25884)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
01-17-22 08:12 PM - Post#333611    

Gutsy win by the Bulldogs. The free throw shooting was abhorrent (16-27), and that definitely has to get better, but the defense was quite good, and the offense showed real promise at times. Brown is a good team, and good teams don't go away quietly. All in all, a road win is a road win.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
01-17-22 08:57 PM - Post#333620    
    In response to iogyhufi

Yale looks really impressive despite the covid layoff. James Jones is a great coach who always gets his team ready for Ivy play. I'm excited and nervous for the 29th - a major gutcheck game for both teams.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
01-17-22 10:11 PM - Post#333629    
    In response to gokinsmen

I'm actually especially impressed because this Yale team looks like a team, which you could not say about how they looked before the COVID break. Sure, a lot of that was attributable to playing stiff competition, but the players were playing disjointed and without a sense of who they needed to be as a team (and having talked to some of them, I know they'd be the first to tell you that). They came into Ivy play energized and together and hard-nosed, exactly like Coach Jones prefers his teams to play. That's impressive effort from everyone involved to right the ship so thoroughly.

The Penn game ought to be interesting, in a building that hasn't been kind to Yale recently. The league went from having a glut of excellent big men to almost none, so I'm interested to see how the matchup in the post plays out. Yale's bigs have done sterling work so far, but Moshkovitz and Martz are no pushovers.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.676 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:28 PM