Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Dartmouth College        (Topic#25908)
1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Dartmouth College
01-22-22 08:20 PM - Post#334095    
    In response to Tiger69

• Tiger69 Said:
Did General Hersey really pull your birthdate first? Mine came up 360 days later (5/25/47)

Yes.

After first lottery of birthdays, there was a second draw of letters of alphabet to break ties based on last name. My "J" came up first in that one.

Too bad it wasn't the megamillions.

Oh, and lucky you!

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
01-22-22 09:18 PM - Post#334103    
    In response to sparman

Tiger's women team is getting off to ridiculously fast starts --- today 16-0 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the 1st quarter quarter after destroying Penn, Brown, and Columbia in the 1st quarter. Teams literally have a tough time even getting off shots in the 1st 10 minutes.

Fortunately, Carla takes the foot off the pedal after separation.

Simply a dominant team.

whitakk 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-14
01-22-22 10:31 PM - Post#334109    
    In response to bradley

• bradley Said:
Completely agree with you regarding IL regular season championship vs foolishness. In an ideal world, you win both but if you lose Ivy Madness, you would somehow get a bid to the Big Dance which could be the scenario for Carla’s crew. Not sure if men and women have been undefeated at 5-0 previously. Impressive!

In 2010 the men started 5-0 and the women went 14-0.

Kind of surprised it hasn't happened since then, but the two other times the men started this well (2011 and 2017) were two of the rare years the women were tripped up early.

Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
01-23-22 07:19 AM - Post#334119    
    In response to whitakk

Tigers played yet another gritty game and showed they have many weapons and a potent scoring machine. 11-23 from 3FG, 15 assists and just 5 TOs … but the defense again was consistently late to the ball. The scout surely identified Barry and Rai as the engine of the Green’s offense but it was not until the 2H that Princeton seemed to focus on them. Agree with SRP that I was expecting to see the 1-3-1 after giving up 41 1H points.

Dartmouth played Tosan similar to Penn, defending the pass and letting him attack down low without doubling. Assuming this is the new normal, the no-doubling strategy might open up the floor to more cutters for Tosan to feed. Both he and Jaelin missed a lot of 2-footers yesterday, but thankfully the threes were falling. At some point this season an Ivy opponent is going to take the next step in this strategy and force Tosan to beat them from the foul line.

I enjoyed Dave Faucher’s commentary with his classic New Hampshire accent. Although clearly rooting for Dartmouth, his observations were balanced, astute and interesting.

5-0 is awesome, it is a relief to get this road trip out of the way and it helps that Y and H lost to teams Princeton has already beaten (if just barely).

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-23-22 01:07 PM - Post#334148    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I was in VISTA in 1969 when the draft lottery was deciding the fates of so many of our generation. The irony for me was that I had not yet formed any strong convictions about Vietnam. I was resigned to serve, if called, in a war that I knew little about. Then my birthdate was drawn #361. Meanwhile, many of my fellow VISTAs with strong feelings against the War were getting low numbers that virtually guaranteed that they would be drafted. A few protested their status successfully, two went to Canada, and the rest reported to duty. All but one survived. However, one of my closest childhood friends came back from Vietnam a changed and sullen man. After about a year of wandering about, he committed suicide.

FWIW my convictions have shifted far to the left since then.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:25 AM