Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth        (Topic#25968)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-03-22 12:24 AM - Post#335061    

Yale gets its sole national TV date of the conference season (I think the postponed Harvard game is no longer on ESPNU) as they take on Dartmouth. Ever since The Game That Shall Not Be Named, the Bulldogs have not lost to Dartmouth.

The Big Green are no joke, having given a strong account of themselves in every Ivy game they've lost. I would expect Yale to win, but any team that starts four seniors is going to be a tough out.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
Dartmouth
02-03-22 06:19 PM - Post#335097    
    In response to iogyhufi

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Yale wins by single digits.

(Spoiler--that's pretty much the way Dartmouth's season has gone thus far).

Edited by Go Green on 02-03-22 06:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
Re: Dartmouth
02-04-22 08:46 PM - Post#335177    
    In response to Go Green

LOW "single digits"

Sigh.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
Re: Dartmouth
02-04-22 09:01 PM - Post#335186    
    In response to Greenhorn

Well that was a non-stellar game from Yale. Concerning trend I've noticed: since the Cornell shellacking, Yale has given up 30 (Choh), 31 (Dingle), 21 (Nweke), 23 (Llewellyn), and 25 (Barry). Letting other teams' best players go off is not a fantastic recipe for success, I must say. The rebounding effort was also just not there, though I do have to say that I think Adelekun is a very good player (who, it must be said, got away with a lot of fouls in the course of getting his rebounds - for what it's worth, Yale was the beneficiary of plenty of calls too, and the way you get foul calls on rebounds is by boxing out aggressively, which Yale did not do). Speaking of fouls, Yale committed some really stupid fouls, giving a Dartmouth team that was struggling to hit free passes to the line.

In positive news, the free throw shooting from Swain was fantastic - 14-14 is no joke. Props too to Mbeng, who made both of his freebees late to put Yale up 3.

All told, that effort level is just not gonna get it done in a lot of situations. I don't think we win that game in Leede with identical effort. For a team that wants to win the Ivy, the hustle needs to be there.

Kudos to Barry for a fantastic game; it's a crying shame Dartmouth didn't get some more favorable bounces earlier on or they'd be right in the thick of the playoff hunt, and deservedly so.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
02-05-22 12:13 AM - Post#335250    
    In response to iogyhufi

Dartmouth has a solid squad. The spread u out with 4 shooters and a good post. They match up well with Yale and have since 2015. Damn that game but ask makai mason and Justin sears !
I still have sea lonergam nightmares from the 90s. Cold place Leeds arena

BArru is a hard guard. The only surprise is dartmouths record.

Good win boys: ask Georgetown. Survive and advance. Well done

Ps bez mbeng has nba speed with the ball in his hand. better than miye in that regard
Hit the shooting machine bez: apparently 17 per game in the dc catholic league with no jumper means u are a framing athlete.
Work. Sky is the limit !

james 
Masters Student

02-05-22 12:14 AM - Post#335251    
    In response to james

“Freaking “ athlete serious speed with the ball in his hand

james 
Masters Student

02-05-22 12:26 AM - Post#335253    
    In response to james

At the end of the day yale is flawed this year.

We don’t have a dominant acc post paired with an sec pf like 2 years ago and a fringe nba swing man.

Instead we have the same guy who played wing for pace academy with 12 foot range playing center for us and he was 3rd tallest starter on his high school team

But we do have swain who is special and some serious future potential. really impressed w mbeng and knowling and molloy and basa ama. Anyway Paul Atkinson and bruner and oni and. Mason aren’t walking through that door.

Enjoy any wins how you get them

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.164 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:51 PM