Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Penn II        (Topic#26025)
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
Re: Penn II
02-18-22 10:04 PM - Post#336817    
    In response to iogyhufi

Not particularly surprising that Yale won as they both physically and mentally tougher than the Quakerites. Home court certainly did not hurt.

It will be interesting if Princeton brings their A game, defensively, tomorrow night. If so, it will be a battle to the bitter end in all likelihood. We can certainly anticipate that Yale will play tough and hard. I suspect that it will be a battle and may be decided based on 3 pt shooting.

LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
02-18-22 10:18 PM - Post#336826    
    In response to iogyhufi

• iogyhufi Said:

I wonder if Donahue may not have outsmarted himself a bit with those few possessions of zone. It's not as though Yale was lighting it up on offense at that point, and Yale has several very capable shooters, even if that hasn't been a forte of late.

I’ll have to go back, if I can bear it, and see what happened on those possessions. Showing some zone, which I can’t remember seeing recently, was a predictable move since Penn could not stop Gabbidon inside. I don’t think we expected him to be the guy to light it up from outside in the second half, though.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-18-22 10:32 PM - Post#336829    
    In response to LyleGold

Seemed like a reasonable change of pace. But Gabbidon and Swain hit 3 3s in a row against it. It may have literally been three possessions of zone, and 9 quick points for Yale.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:02 AM