Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Can we get a perfect weekend?        (Topic#26052)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-19-22 05:49 PM - Post#336879    

Dartmouth men and women beat Cornell! If they do likewise to Columbia tonight, I'll have a perfect weekend!

My fifth graders won by forfeit today. I knew that I only had four players, so I recruited two others. And a third girl who was friends with one of my available players came with the intention of watching.

It was getting pretty close to tipoff time and there was no sign of anyone from the other team. Finally, the opposing coach walks in with three players. He told me that he was expecting five to come, but found out earlier this morning that one family opted for a last-minute weekend getaway, and took their daughter's best friend with them. Both of them were players that the coach was expecting to have today, leaving the poor guy with just three players.

So we got the forfeit! To ensure that the afternoon wasn't wasted, I lent him two of my players including my own kid (which I usually do in such situations). Everyone had fun, and the friend who happened to be there got to play in her first-ever basketball game!

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
02-22-22 06:23 PM - Post#337308    
    In response to Go Green

I managed to get to the Columbia game--not bad. Columbia's big men let the officials' (justified!) charging calls against them get them down. I was impressed by Brent Barry, Garrison Wade, and Nikola Dmitrijevic (who is an absolute dead ringer for Cousin Greg). The team started three seniors and two juniors; Ryan Cornish and Cam Krystowiak were both out with injuries. You can see a future, but it's not especially deep at the moment. Still, I'm sure the team will take whatever easy victory they can get.

(Congrats on your forfeit victory, and for playing on anyway, as is the point.)

Go Green 
PhD Student

02-24-22 09:43 AM - Post#337461    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:
The team started three seniors and two juniors; Ryan Cornish and Cam Krystowiak were both out with injuries. You can see a future, but it's not especially deep at the moment.

I'd agree that the cupboard isn't totally bare for next season.

But who takes over ball-handling duties for us?

flinder 
Freshman

02-24-22 10:17 PM - Post#337490    
    In response to Go Green

According to Verbal Commits (https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/dartmouth), there are no incoming freshmen point guards. There are supposed to be three in the current freshman class: Ryan Cornish, Izaiah Robinson, and Romeo Myrthil. Any of those guys are capable ballhandlers, but at this point, they're all a step back from Taurus Samuels.

Go Green 
PhD Student

02-25-22 08:49 AM - Post#337501    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:
According to Verbal Commits (https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/dartmouth), there are no incoming freshmen point guards. There are supposed to be three in the current freshman class: Ryan Cornish, Izaiah Robinson, and Romeo Myrthil. Any of those guys are capable ballhandlers, but at this point, they're all a step back from Taurus Samuels.

Hopefully Myrthil can be as helpful to the team advancing the ball up the court as he is helping the team watch The Muppet Show.

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens-basketbal l...

flinder 
Freshman

02-26-22 10:24 PM - Post#337716    
    In response to Go Green

Bork bork bork!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.161 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:21 AM