Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth wins, but...        (Topic#26113)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-05-22 07:10 PM - Post#338117    

Congrats to the team for its largest win in Cambridge since 1955, and also to Barry for becoming the Green's all-time leading three-point shooter.

Can only wonder how this team would have done with a few more wins with only a handful of possessions going differently

My fifth graders came up short in the championship game. We won the semi-final in overtime against a team that we had beaten comfortably before. Not sure what the issue was--whether they were missing a player earlier, whether we were looking ahead to the finals, or whether the other team just played inspired basketball. We were fortunate to advance.

And we played the only team that had beaten us. They were just better than we were. We tried hard, but came up a little short. Several of my girls were crying afterwards, but no shame in taking second and I know that many of them will have opportunities to play for championships down the road if the continue playing ball.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
03-07-22 06:08 PM - Post#338352    
    In response to Go Green

Very nicely stated by someone with a big heart and soul. I am sure the girls were fortunate to have you as their coach.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.891 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:33 PM