Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: ILCS Logistics        (Topic#26308)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
05-18-22 01:16 AM - Post#341517    

Will post more on the actual matchup later, but wanted to point out a couple of things for those who may be attending the ILCS in Philly this weekend:

1.) They are actually charging, for what as far as I can tell is the first time ever: it's $8 for one day (which includes both games on whichever day that is) or $15 for both. Link to buy tickets is here. Have no idea what this means in terms of bringing food, coolers, etc. to the game; so far this season it's been anything goes, but we'll have to see if that remains the case. Note also that all tickets are general admission, so get there early if you want the best seats.
2.) Also, get there early if you want the best parking. I estimate room for about 100 cars in the lot by the ballfield, and that's assuming no one takes up multiple spaces with tailgating. Do not be fooled by all of the parking garages on the other side of the tracks: I've scoped those out, and all of them will be unavailable for one reason or another. If you don't get into the ballfield lot, you'll have to either go all the way up River Fields Drive to the Hollenback lot, which is then a 1/2 mile walk back (it's also even smaller, and often has several spaces taken up by Penn vehicles), or else you can go to the Penn Museum garage, which is the next closest public parking, and that's almost a mile walk. For those thinking about taking the train into town, keep in mind that it's a half-hour's walk from 30th Street; even University City Penn Medicine station is about fifteen minutes.
3.) As previously noted, the current schedule is Game 1 at 1 pm on Saturday, then Game 2 at noon on Sunday, with Game 3 to follow immediately if needed. However, there is some chance of thunderstorms on Sunday afternoon; if that increases, they may move Game 2 to Saturday. On the other hand, it's supposed to be brutal on Saturday (into the high 90's), so if the chance of rain on Sunday goes down, I wonder if they might consider moving Game 1 up to Saturday morning while it's cooler. At any rate, keep an eye on the schedule, and plan to bring lots of fluids.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
05-18-22 07:59 AM - Post#341519    
    In response to dperry

Thanks for all this info. Very useful!

mbaprof 
Senior

Reg: 12-24-11
Re: ILCS Logistics
05-18-22 05:30 PM - Post#341544    
    In response to dperry

$10 garage parking in new hospital bldg across from train stop
a free option is the park in the grocery store lot on greys ferry and walk up from the south
i work at pennovation building but thats a gated lot

dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
05-21-22 02:43 AM - Post#341688    
    In response to mbaprof

I checked with the ticket office today and they had not been given any information about bringing stuff in, so I'm going to assume that we can bring food and drink. They pretty much have an obligation to allow drinks given how hot it's going to be.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.211 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:26 AM