Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Sarah Lawrence        (Topic#26609)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
11-06-22 04:30 PM - Post#345871    

The Bulldogs take a non-D1 home opener before making the long trip to Hawaii. It's nice to have college basketball back, now as long as nobody gets hurt, this opening game will be a success.

james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
11-06-22 08:39 PM - Post#345889    
    In response to iogyhufi

Not to jinx health…but based on scuttlebutt and triangulation
I think
mbeng, poulakidas and jarvis will have breakout years

Mbeng had a good looking jumper and a tighter handle at the Kenner league.

His raw talent and speed is as good as yale has had ever at that position.

Poulakidas is a lights out shooter with a smooth stroke.
He also has length and can get this shot off over anyone.

Jarvis is a beast and has a better touch from outside than he has shown so far.

Interestingly poulakidas and jarvis had hm offers so not a secret as to potential. The time is now for them.

When U pair the possible breakouts with mahoney , Kelly and knowling… That’s a hell of a foundation.

Now hopefully we get contributions from molloy feinberg basa ama wolf or arrington etc. i like this team.

Otherwise I think it’s harvard that’s a surprise. Lots of talent and guys are sleeping on them I think.

Anyway yale has exciting potential and could match up better ooc than last year imho

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
11-06-22 10:50 PM - Post#345902    
    In response to james

I'm optimistic for the year. There's an awful lot of talent on this team, and one benefit of the way last year played out is that younger players like Mbeng and Knowling got experience in their first year on the team. My only real concern is the frontcourt; Yale will need Jarvis and Kelly to perform at a high level in order to really get over the hump. Fortunately, I think they're plenty capable of doing so. I'm extremely excited for the start of the year — not really this game, but the Hawaii tournament should tell us a lot about where the team is.

james 
Masters Student

11-07-22 07:53 AM - Post#345910    
    In response to iogyhufi

Honestly I think the front court is a big strength of this team.

James comments in the register this am suggest the depth is really building here.

not having jarvis ooc last year and being too 3 ball reliant made us look bad against the power 5 guys. We also didn’t rebound well
Even against the monmouths

Hopefully this year we can play less of a boom or bust game in ooc marchups

Here’s to being hopeful’

james 
Masters Student

11-07-22 08:02 AM - Post#345911    
    In response to james

Actually a good article and worth a read

James is more publicly optimistic than usual at this stage.

They hint that cotton could come back which is confusing but great if true

He also took the 3rd place vote as a slight in prior interviews. “I don’t even know who votes on us”

Anyway they performed well in both scrimmages. obviously you don’t know the matchups when u carry 17 on a team and play a secret scrimmage

But they hammered Rhode Island and did well against bu so hopefully that also bodes well

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.894 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:43 AM