Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bigs        (Topic#26662)
1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
11-15-22 03:28 PM - Post#346580    

OK, I'm confused.

Is Mason Hooks gone forever?

Where is Martini?

Is Philip Byriel to replace Keeshawn next year.

No playing time for Vernon Collins yet.

Any insight appreciated.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Bigs
11-15-22 09:22 PM - Post#346631    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

They're both on the roster, but haven't played yet. Hooks got some time last year, but he never stuck in the rotation.

I'm guessing Hooks' issue is lack of mobility on defense, which is a problem since our top guards (Langborg and esp. Allocco) aren't great at containing drives. Martini seems to have the same issue (skilled but slow big).

Kellman, by contrast, is very athletic and has 3 years of seasoning under his belt. He always had flashes of great play, but injuries and lack of polish kept him on the bench. Now that he's a senior and obviously put in a ton of work, Mitch is probably gonna ride him like a 4-year starter.

RE: Vernon "C.J." Collins, here's a quote from Mitch:

https://goprincetontigers .com/news/2022/10/28/mens...

• Quote:
“CJ is a smart and coachable big-man that can be a disruptive defender. His ability to move and his length will be a safety blanket for the other four defenders on the floor. When he runs the floor he will be a tough matchup for the bigs in our league”

Freshman bigs have a steeper learning curve than most, so I don't expect him to play much this season. But who knows? Either way, we definitely need a defensive force in the middle - we keep getting beat by simple straight-line drives.

Albert08 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-21-10
Re: Bigs
11-15-22 10:42 PM - Post#346658    
    In response to gokinsmen

Hooks is not listed on the official roster, so he appears to have left the team for some reason. Martini and Collins have been visible on the bench, but not dressed for games.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Re: Bigs
11-16-22 05:18 AM - Post#346670    
    In response to Albert08

• Albert08 Said:
Hooks is not listed on the official roster, so he appears to have left the team for some reason.

Oh yeah, you're right. Hooks was in the first "Hard Cuts" episode that came out 2 weeks ago, so I just assumed he was still there.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.388 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:41 AM