Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: FDU        (Topic#26773)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
12-09-22 10:21 PM - Post#347881    

We lose by three in OT. Very frustrating game to watch—something like 4 for 20 from 3 point line; in OT first two possessions resulted in game clock violations. We did some things well but poor three point shooting and inability to close out did us in.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

12-09-22 10:25 PM - Post#347882    
    In response to Chet Forte

What we need is a true take charge guy who wants the ball in crunch time, doesn’t let the game clock expire, will create his shot if he has to, nd who can come up with the big stop. Brown may turn out to be that guy from what I saw tonight. I would also give Tavroff more minutes—good first half then he barely saw the court the second half.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
12-10-22 12:30 AM - Post#347886    

Avery Brown is already the take charge guy on this team. He's an excellent player who will get better with experience. Actually all of our guards played well enough for us to win tonight. We were up six points at halftime, but allowed FD to catch up in the second half. As I have said all along, our guards are clearly the strength of this team, however, the front court players have a way to go.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

12-10-22 07:47 AM - Post#347887    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

Clearly right about the first year front court players. Bedri and Thompson did not have good games. As I said I would have given more minutes to Tavroff and probably Stankard. And DLR needs to improve his three point shooting. The two second year off guards (McLean and Cooper) looked like they should also get more minutes.

cc66 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-09-09
12-10-22 03:07 PM - Post#347894    

But then to offset the trials of MBK, the women just defeated Massachusetts 83-74, led by Hsu 34 pts. and a Columbia record 9 3 pters. It is beginning to look ever more plausible that the women could beat Princeton.

As for the men, I think we miss Murphy, who hopefully will be back for the IL season. We're just too thin up front, especially since after starting strong, opponents seem to have scouted Bedrie, and he has taken a step back. The first year guards are coming on nicely, and Tavroff who used to be a bit clumsy under the basket, is improving, but it is going to be a very long season, and the men will be lucky to win more than one or two IL games.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.128 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:17 AM