Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Kentucky        (Topic#26774)
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
12-09-22 11:53 PM - Post#347884    

Yale goes down to Lexington to collect a paycheck. Obviously, winning this game would be a heavy lift, but hopefully the Bulldogs but up a good fight.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
12-10-22 04:04 PM - Post#347900    
    In response to iogyhufi

Very impressed by Yale’s performance. Tough, crowd, refs, and opposing center while missing Knowling and Yale still kept it competitive.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
12-10-22 11:28 PM - Post#347962    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I was otherwise occupied during the game (unfortunately) but based on what I've been told this was an extremely solid showing, especially considering that Matt Knowling was out. It does seem like the thing that Yale needs to get to the next level is some slightly more consistent offense. This makes two games in a row (albeit against strong competition) where the Bulldogs have had a several-minute long scoring drought. Don't get me wrong - I'm not worried that Yale had trouble getting things going against Kentucky, but the general idea that you need some way of manufacturing points when things aren't going well is applicable to league play as well, as any fan of the Ancient 8 can tell you.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.588 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:42 AM