Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: @Princeton        (Topic#26908)
IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

Loc: Central Florida
Reg: 11-19-09
01-21-23 12:49 PM - Post#349902    

A month ago, few would have said this game would involve two of the League's top teams. Yet, it does. Dartmouth, with its two nailbiter W's last weekend, is on a tear that has made its weak pre-season a distant memory. Princeton, after thrashing Penn at the Palestra, looks strong.

There are similarities in the teams. Both coaches remade their squads from last year. Fully half the Tigers' minutes and two-thirds of The Green's minutes come from upperclassmen who saw little court time before this year and underclassmen. Much credit goes to both the players themselves and to the coaches for identifying the individuals and molding them into units so quickly.

Dartmouth, with its long bench, looks like a slower-paced Cornell. The Tigers are not as deep, but feature an experienced upperclass three-player nucleus that The Green lacks. However, Adelkun ranks with the best of the Ivy's low post players, and Ryan Cornish is playing as well as any League guard. The Tigers shoot better overall and both teams have a 40%+ 3pt-shooter.

Though Princeton seems to have the advantage, Dartmouth will make them work for 40 minutes. The Green's three close wins, especially those in Cambridge and New Haven, speak to their tenacity. Even in their losses to Cornell and Brown, The Green never let their opponent off the hook.

This should be an entertaining game.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-21-23 12:53 PM - Post#349904    
    In response to IvyBballFan

The team has definitely played well in conference play this season.

But I'm still waiting for the bubble to burst. I just don't think we're an upper-division team.

And I'd be very, very, very, very happy to be proven wrong!

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

01-21-23 03:56 PM - Post#349913    
    In response to Go Green

Dartmouth is right in this game, down just three at the half.

No bubble bursting yet. Your boys have a good chance to prove you wrong, GG!

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

01-21-23 05:35 PM - Post#349940    

Losing a 93-90 OT nailbiter at Jadwin has got to be frustrating for Dartmouth. However, it does look like they are for real.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
@Princeton
01-21-23 05:38 PM - Post#349941    

Dartmouth is for real. I'm officially slotting them as a favorite for the #3 or #4 spot.

You guys outplayed us overall and we were lucky Adelekun got into early foul trouble - I feel like he was victimized by makeup calls.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
Reg: 11-21-04
@Princeton
01-21-23 06:02 PM - Post#349945    
    In response to gokinsmen

Yeah, Dartmouth was the better, more aggressive team until those horrible throwaways in the final minute of regulation.

Edited by Chip Bayers on 01-21-23 06:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.292 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:04 AM