Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: That helped!        (Topic#27007)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-12-23 08:44 AM - Post#351430    

Hard to believe that Princeton was the game in a three-game home stretch that we win.

I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, it appears that we got hot in the second half to take a 15 point lead, and then held on by making free throws down the stretch.

I think that winning three of the next four should be enough to get to the tournament. Winning only two will require some help...

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
02-13-23 11:05 PM - Post#351578    
    In response to Go Green

I really go back and forth between despondency and contemplating buying tickets to Ivy Madness at Jadwin.
My hunch--after an entire lifetime of annual disappointment--is that the four conference tournament spots go to Princeton, Penn, Yale, and Cornell. Dartmouth has the Cornell-Columbia back-to-back road trip remaining, and then has to beat Penn in Philadelphia. They also have to finish with a better record than Brown, because I imagine that if they're fourth with identical records, the tiebreaker would favor the team that won both regular season match-ups...
Still, it's nice to have hope with only four games left. I'll keep the Ivy Madness tab open my browser.

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
02-17-23 10:21 PM - Post#351829    
    In response to flinder

It's too bad that we're actually 3-2 against the top three teams in the league, and 2-0 against the two teams at the bottom, but went 0-4 against the two teams--Cornell and Brown--we need to get in front of for that fourth spot. We needed that Cornell win badly, and we just couldn't get it done in OT. Sigh.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.272 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:02 PM