Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale for a bid        (Topic#27074)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-26-23 02:00 PM - Post#352614    

Arguably the biggest single game of the MM era, if only because it would be their first-ever ILT spot. playing the top team at home with a win-and-you’re-in. Yale wants that top seed and they lose that with a loss. You can’t ask for more.

Brown is banged up. Nana may be out and if he plays doesn’t seem likely he’d be 100 pct. Wojcik is clearly ailing some. And that’s not to mention the loss of Anya and Ndur. I wonder if Anya is any closer to coming back and may be able to spell or replace Nana. But again, even if that’s possible not likely he’ll be at full strength.

I can’t imagine Cornell loses this game at home to Columbia, so I’m going to assume they will do their part. Brown will have to find a way short-handed to beat a team they haven’t beat in many years.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

TigerFan 
PhD Student

02-26-23 08:32 PM - Post#352634    
    In response to Bruno

Go Bruno!

Bruno 
PhD Student

03-04-23 11:07 AM - Post#352997    
    In response to TigerFan

Unsure of status tonight for some players. We got a few who are down if not out. Hoping Nana can play and move. Tough spot to be short handed inside. Although their last matchup was really about the guards.

Still I don’t know who guards Jarvis.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
03-04-23 02:09 PM - Post#353010    
    In response to Bruno

In his Thursday press appearance, MM said Nana was questionable and Anya and Ndur “are expected to miss Saturday” - would love if MM was being coy about whether Anya is available or not, but except he’ll be on the bench.

First instinct with Nana questionable is that it will be a heavy diet of Landon Lewis and Friday and see where that gets us. Hope a big crowd provides a boost.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
03-04-23 11:19 PM - Post#353101    
    In response to Ever True

Yale was very impressive tonight. They stepped up in a very hostile environment and won the game. The undermanned Bears made it a great game by fighting hard as the did all year. Wojcik will be difficult to replace. But other than he and Cowan, Brown has everyone back. It was a great Ivy season. And Ivy Madness will produce a competitive entry for the NCAA tourney.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-05-23 04:34 AM - Post#353123    
    In response to JBears

Friday played really well.

Bruno 
PhD Student

03-05-23 08:33 AM - Post#353127    
    In response to JBears

Agree Yale was impressive. Too much Mbeng, and Yale brought effective defensive pressure. Brown’s been short handed since the last Yale game. And tonight there were a few inspired performances. Still I’m more deflated than you are. At home with a win to clinch your first tournament.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
03-06-23 12:16 PM - Post#353272    
    In response to Bruno

No doubt a deflating loss. For me, I have to look at the positives to avoid spending too much time thinking about how this is the third time in four seasons that a tiebreaker has kept us out of Ivy Madness...

On the court, I loved what I saw from Dan Friday - 16 pts, 9 rebounds, 4 assists. If he doesn't pick up two fouls in ~30 seconds at the 5 minute mark to foul out, maybe there's a different outcome.

Aaron Cooley had the dunk of the season for Brown when he put one down on Gharram's head on the fast break. He seems to play his best basketball against Yale - I look forward to his final two years on College Hill.

We stayed in this game with (IMHO) the best team in the league despite Nana playing only 6 minutes in the second half. We played 10 games this season without two of our better frontcourt players and were only a game away from Ivy Madness. I can't think of too many other years where our third string big man would have been able to play 26 minutes in a game against a KP Top 100 team and we remain competitive.

Off the court, the Pizz was sold out for the first time in a decade. Even when there were win-and-in implications against Penn in 2020, we weren't able to do that. The students showed up, stayed, and made noise in a way that I have never seen in my time following the team. I think there will be plenty of opportunities for those students to pack the Pizz again in the years to come - and hopefully they will be rewarded for their support.

The future is bright - we have (hopefully) two more years of Nana and Kino, both of whom are, respectively, amongst the best rebounders and scorers in the league as sophomores. We got two immediate contributors from this year's class of first years and my hope is we will get at least two more from the incoming class, especially given all the minutes and scoring Paxson gave us that we will need to replace. Saturday's loss is certainly deflating, but I think it will make our breakthrough all the sweeter when it comes - and I think it is coming soon.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
03-06-23 05:12 PM - Post#353305    
    In response to Ever True

Cooley had quite the staredown with Gharram.

I'll bet he's an excellent poker player.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Yale for a bid
03-06-23 09:08 PM - Post#353322    
    In response to penn nation

Agreed

Edited by Old Bear on 03-06-23 09:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.591 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:42 AM