Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: All Ivy        (Topic#27121)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-08-23 09:27 AM - Post#353437    

Lilly first team and Pax second. Well deserved. Wasn’t certain Lilly was getting the nod as a sophomore who didn’t finish as strong as he started, but he was so good for too much of the year. Outside of Dingle he will be the top guard in the league next year, but I’d trust him with the game on the line over anybody.

Wojcik really surprised me. I was not that high on him after last year where I thought he was inconsistent and took too many shots where he wasn’t set for them. This year he shot the ball great, got inside very effectively, and at times carried the offensive load. Really looked like The Senior particularly in the 2nd half of the Ivy. And Brown’s general excellence on the d-boards can be attributed more to him out of the guard spot than probably anybody else, and is what somehow made them a better-rebounding team than when they had both Choh and Gainey. His all-around game blossomed this year.

Surprised Nana didn’t get an HM. League’s leading rebounder in Ivy play, and that’s with him playing 1.5 of the 14 games on one leg. Double digit scoring too. Sophomore I guess. But his play deserved that recognition IMO.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
Re: All Ivy
03-08-23 11:44 AM - Post#353468    
    In response to Bruno

I guess it's tough to get 3 guys honored on a team that didn't make the ILT. Only so many available slots.

• Bruno Said:
Lilly first team and Pax second. Well deserved. Wasn’t certain Lilly was getting the nod as a sophomore who didn’t finish as strong as he started, but he was so good for too much of the year. Outside of Dingle he will be the top guard in the league next year, but I’d trust him with the game on the line over anybody.

Wojcik really surprised me. I was not that high on him after last year where I thought he was inconsistent and took too many shots where he wasn’t set for them. This year he shot the ball great, got inside very effectively, and at times carried the offensive load. Really looked like The Senior particularly in the 2nd half of the Ivy. And Brown’s general excellence on the d-boards can be attributed more to him out of the guard spot than probably anybody else, and is what somehow made them a better-rebounding team than when they had both Choh and Gainey. His all-around game blossomed this year.

Surprised Nana didn’t get an HM. League’s leading rebounder in Ivy play, and that’s with him playing 1.5 of the 14 games on one leg. Double digit scoring too. Sophomore I guess. But his play deserved that recognition IMO.

iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
Re: All Ivy
03-08-23 12:05 PM - Post#353471    
    In response to penn nation

Right, and the problem is that you have to leave someone off. Afaik "honorable mention" just means "also receiving votes" for 1st or second team; the coaches don't vote for HM. So to get HM, at least one coach needs to think that you were one of the top ten players in the league this year. There were just too many good players to justify voting for Owusu-Anane, I think. Which is not to say he didn't play well, of course.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-08-23 07:07 PM - Post#353501    
    In response to iogyhufi

I loved (hated) Owusu-Anane against the Tigers. A problem.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-08-23 08:03 PM - Post#353505    
    In response to SRP

I believe he outplayed Adelikin twice

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-09-23 12:25 AM - Post#353534    
    In response to Old Bear

No mean feat.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:44 PM