Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Boeheim on SAS's Quite Frankly        (Topic#2717)
lca1011 
Freshman

Reg: 01-24-06
03-10-06 02:15 PM - Post#17410    

Last night, Boeheim was on Steven A. Smith's Quite Frankly. The interview is summarized below, but included an a great reference to BU basketball.

SAS asked JB what he thought his NCAA chances were before entering the BE tournament. JB said that he didn't think they were even on the bubble entering the tournament, and needed to beat Cincy and play well against UCONN.

SAS responded: "How can you say that you would make the tournament with that record? You have 9 conference losses, and you have an out of conference loss to Bucknell, come on, Bucknell!" (think SAS voice and tone).

JB responded: I'm not saying that we weren't on the bubble and a lock, rather I was saying that we weren't even on the committee's radar. The Cincy win put us back into the bubble talk, and all I wanted in the UCONN game was for us to be close and show the committee we belonged. The win, I think, now puts us solidly in the tournament. As for Bucknell, I wouldn't say they are a cupcake. They are a legit top 30 team, and I think they put together a solid team. They will make some noise in the tournament. As for the losses, we lost to the number one and two teams in the country four times, and another four to top 20 teams."

At this point, I went to sleep happy. Two points:
JB reversed course slightly, giving props to a mid-major (which he should, the better BU looks, the less the loss hurts them). But its interesting to see JB's actions after how he critcized BU after losing to them (directly after that game) and after yesterday's win (when he said mid-majors wouldn't compete well with BE teams).
Second point: SAS's comment just shows how ignorant the guy is on subjects outside of the NBA. NBA talk, he knows his stuff, but when ventures outside of it, he merely talks fodder and generalizes comments.

Bison22 
goober

Reg: 01-23-06
Re: Boeheim on SAS's Quite Frankly
03-10-06 02:30 PM - Post#17411    
    In response to lca1011

There is a reason they call him Screamin' A Smith on WIP in Philly. The guy is a moron. The fact that he is ignorant and screams and yells is the only reason he has a show. It's the same thing as Fox showing "World's Biggest Car Accident's" or "When Pets Attack"....people watch Quite Frankly in morbid curiousity to see if the next train wreck can top the last. He will be cancelled in under 2 years.

Shot Clock 
Masters Student

Loc: Arlington VA
Reg: 01-27-06
03-10-06 02:50 PM - Post#17412    
    In response to Bison22

Further confirmation that SAS is a fool. One reason why I only watch ESPN to watch actual sports and PTI.
B.A. Bucknell University, 1993

Gmoney89 
Masters Student

Loc: Central NJ
Reg: 01-24-06
03-10-06 02:54 PM - Post#17413    
    In response to Shot Clock

He had Jay Wright on the night before and I did watch that which was pretty good for Jay and Nova. I'd hoped they'd have gotten into how does a kid from Bucknell get to be coach of one of the top teams in the country (therefore talking about BU) but he only focused on the last four years at Nova. That said, I think that SAS is pretty much a horses a$$ with pulpit!
GMoney89
0-0
2017-2018 Season
0 miles and 0 Games

SFlaQuaker 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-10-06 03:43 PM - Post#17414    
    In response to Gmoney89

My friend clued me in to a fun little activity last night. Watch SAS with the TV muted. It's outstanding. You basically get as much quality content and discussion (i.e. none) in a far more amusing fashion. Try it. You'll want to change the channel after about 15 seconds, yet somehow won't be able to change it for a good 5-10 minutes.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.101 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:35 AM