Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 23-24 lineup        (Topic#27309)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
06-13-23 07:12 AM - Post#356762    

Ok now that it’s June we probably need to figure out what the rotation will be.

Biggest question in my mind is the 3. With Friday, Anya, Nana and Lilly we have only one three point shooter. Candidates for that other spot would be Cooley and Kloman, neither of whom shoot many threes. Can you have a lineup with only one shooter in this day and age?

One thing I know - you won’t find a deeper frontcourt between Nana, Anya, Ndur and Lewis. Not to mention the new kid. That’s got to be the most depth we’ve ever had there.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
06-13-23 02:24 PM - Post#356763    
    In response to Bruno

Potentially a hot take, but I would not have Dan Friday in the starting 5. I like him as the 6th man, given that he's shown the ability to play across a couple positions and brings good energy and physicality off the bench.

As you note Bruno, I'll be interested to see how Mike and co. work another shooter into the starting 5. Lesburt, Paragon and Uchidiuno could be battling for minutes. Efstathiou showed stretch 4 ability at the Hun School. I would be surprised if he saw the starting 5, but if he does, maybe you slide Anya to the 3? If we started the season tomorrow, I would roll with a line-up of Lilly, Uchidiuno, Cooley, Anya and Nana, but I'm not sure that guard pairing is defensively solid enough.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
23-24 lineup
06-13-23 11:07 PM - Post#356774    
    In response to Ever True

I take your point on Friday’s versatility, but I don’t think you need it as much as we did towards the end of the season because we’re less likely to lose three of our four bigs again. I think he’s too good to not be our starting point guard, and will swap with Lilly on defense.

I’ve learned from Old Bear not to spend much time judging someone’s HS film, but with some kids you can tell. Don’t know enough about Uchidiuno yet to have any idea as to his shot to get into the rotation. But there’s a lot of guard minutes coming free from Wojcik’s departure, and right now I’d think the candidates would be Cooley and Kloman.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
06-20-23 04:25 PM - Post#356877    
    In response to Bruno

Re: Threes
Last year’s team shot 216 of 622 for a percentage of .347. Wojcik contributed 57-150 .380, and Cowan was 28-85 .327. The Bears have a core nine returning consisting of:
Lily. 77-193 .399
Friday 5-22 .227
Cooley 9-33 .273
Anya 3-5 .600
Nana 5-27 .155
Ndur 3-13 .231
Ferrari 22-68 .324
Lewis 0-0 .000
Kloman 5-19 .263

This group has totals of 129-380 .339. They will only need to make up 2% to meet last year’s effort. But ideally that percentage will improve. Colgate lead D1 last year at 40.5. Penn lead the league at 36.3, which was 62nd nationally, and 4.5% higher than the Bears.

I feel the Bears need more scorers on the floor, whether 3’s, 2’s, of FT’s. Lewis did a good job stepping up when Anya and Ndur were injured. But he does not put enough pressure on the opponents D. I could see him losing minutes to newcomer Efstathiou. He is a tall 6-9 and has a very well-rounded game. At The Hun school last year he averaged 11-12-5. He runs the floor very well for big, and is a good shooter with 3 point range. He also has experience with the Greece National U18 team. He is not your typical freshman. The sooner a player like this gets minutes and get’s used to D1 competition, the sooner Martin will get a return on his investment.

Another incoming recruit who has a good all-around game is Wrisby-Jefferson, who averaged 11-12-8 last year. The more players on the floor who can score, rebound, and distribute, the better, IMHO. I could see Kloman losing minutes to W-J.

Paragon could also surprise with his scoring and assists (20p-8a HS, 12-4.5a prep) and good hops.

Another player I could see getting minutes is sophomore Drew Kania, who was unable to play last year due to injury. He averaged 20-11.6-2.1 during his Jr HS season. At 6-8 and with an all-around game, he could put some pressure on Lewis and Ndur for playing time.

Hopefully the Bears remain healthy this year, and playing time is determined by those players who perform the best in practice and scrimmages. Not due to plugging holes of the injured. I feel to take that next step and be able to compete for the title, some newcomers will have to surprise and contribute by the time the Ivy campaign starts. Martin has a very nice collection. Of talent. I’m enthused to see what happens.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
06-20-23 05:14 PM - Post#356878    
    In response to JBears

As Bruno has stated, I don't watch enough film to think I can make judgements, but I believe Uchidiuno may be the most ready to help right away and Dabo may the greatest up-side. So JB, if you put our opinions together, we have a pretty darn good incoming group.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
06-20-23 07:21 PM - Post#356882    
    In response to Old Bear

Nothing wrong with a little optimism. Right? Especially in early summer.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.237 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:53 PM