Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Username Post: Post a stupid quote from an Arkansas Board....        (Topic#2747)
jck45 
Junior

Reg: 01-24-06
03-13-06 01:03 AM - Post#17673    

Ill start...

"...talking smack to bucknell fans makes it seem as though they're in our class -- which they ain't."

jck45 
Junior

Re: Post a stupid quote from an Arkansas Board....
03-13-06 01:04 AM - Post#17674    
    In response to jck45

"They're probably trying to figure out where Arkansas is"

jck45 
Junior

03-13-06 01:07 AM - Post#17675    
    In response to jck45

"They must be a former "Indian name" team.

I don't ever remember anything about the vast bison herds roaming the wilds of Pennsylvania or wherever they are from up there."

jck45 
Junior

03-13-06 01:08 AM - Post#17676    
    In response to jck45

"They've got no size, or at least none that's very effective."

Trychinosis 

Loc: Little Rock, AR
Reg: 03-13-06
03-13-06 01:17 AM - Post#17677    
    In response to jck45

Hey Bison fans, came over to talk to some bball, always fun to get out of conference and play some new teams. Got to see some of your conference championship game.

Everything I'm seeing says we've got our work cut out for us Friday. Don't get too worked up about what you read on the hog sites, everyones is just excited the hogs are back where they belong..in the Big Dance. Here's to a great game Friday (with the Hogs coming out on top I hope)

bigred7987 

03-13-06 01:25 AM - Post#17678    
    In response to Trychinosis

what board is that....my guess is woopig?

jck45 
Junior

03-13-06 01:26 AM - Post#17679    
    In response to bigred7987

woopig is right.

Anonymous 

03-13-06 01:28 AM - Post#17680    
    In response to jck45

sadly though the commentary seems to run the same way on Rivals as well as the Hogville site too. Though I will grant you the "most" respect for Bucknell came from the Hogville.net site. Sadly that's not saying much though as I mentioned in my last post on the "Arkansas Fan Board" thread. Too bad b/c the Razorback boards are being much less impressive in their behavior than other teams' fan boards that we've seen this year.

maniax22bolts20 

Loc: Hazen,Arkansas,USA
03-13-06 01:29 AM - Post#17681    
    In response to Trychinosis

Well I joined up here to say hello. I expect Arkansas to win but that isn't a refection on Bucknellians in general just my expectation. Good luck to you all and safe travels. Feel free to move this to another thread if need be.
www.defendamerica.mil - and a friend - www.cardratings.com

BUalum99 

Reg: 02-19-06
03-13-06 01:53 AM - Post#17682    
    In response to maniax22bolts20

The University of Arkansas has the lowest graduation rate among scholarship athletes in the Southeastern Conference, according to a foundation that reviews intercollegiate athletics.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1945083

Bucknell University led all NCAA divisions with a perfect 100 percent graduation rate of its student-athletes, the NCAA announced in Tuesday's edition of USA TODAY. It is the third time that Bucknell has led the nation in graduation rates, and the extraordinary feat makes Bucknell one of only 15 schools to receive the prestigious USA TODAY-NCAA Academic Achievement Award.

http://bucknellbison.collegesports.com/genrel/090203aaa.html

Hong Kong Sooie 

03-13-06 01:57 AM - Post#17683    
    In response to BUalum99

The graduation rate is up to 60% since that article was written (2004). Not that it makes it that much better, but at least there has been improvement.

HawgWild 

03-13-06 02:23 AM - Post#17684    
    In response to Hong Kong Sooie

Quote:

The graduation rate is up to 60% since that article was written (2004). Not that it makes it that much better, but at least there has been improvement.

That is correct. Please check your resources before you post incorrect things and make yourself look stupid in the process.

Anonymous 

03-13-06 02:37 AM - Post#17685    

Mind you the quotes below are theirs...not mine. Though I'd much rather see some actual trading of substantive information and analysis of the matchups in Friday's game."

"I saw Bucknell play a game yesterday against Holy Cross.
Bucknell is a small-time program at a small-time school.
Hogs will handle Bucknell with ease."

"We'll beat them. They start too many white guys."

"I see the Hogs playing man D the whole game unless all their little white guys can pass off the dribble like Princeton, ect. [sic]"

"I realize I'm not the first to post on the subject, but if you visit the [Bucknell] board, you'll realize that it is not yet overrun with Woopiggers... The board is lacking in good smack. We need to pick it up."

"Buck F**knell" (asterisks added here in the reposting)

"I just played Bucknell on NCAA final four - we won 94-49. Brewer had about 40. We are good to go"

Hong Kong Sooie 

03-13-06 02:43 AM - Post#17686    
    In response to

If Bucknell's fan base was as large as the Razorback fan base, I have a feeling you'd be seeing the same kinds of posts.

You are entitled to whatever impression you have received from the online fan base, but I can assure you that in the real world, you would find the fans much different. Most of these guys are just having fun and don't think too much about grammar, spelling, or logic.

razorback nation 

03-13-06 02:47 AM - Post#17687    

True, just havin' fun. GHG!!!
over 40 national championships and counting

Anonymous 

03-13-06 02:48 AM - Post#17688    

HKS, I look forward to intelligent conversation and information trading with you, Trych., and anyone else before Friday's game. Let the fun begin.

Kansas_Choked 

03-13-06 03:08 AM - Post#17689    
    In response to

"Karma to you" and "LOL" are also pretty gay sayings you'll find by the dozens at hogville.net.

My prediction for the game is AR by 15. I don't think Bucknell can keep from turning it over at least 16-18 times. And if they do that, it will be a long night for the Thundering Herd.

Freedomcounty 

03-14-06 01:49 PM - Post#17690    
    In response to Kansas_Choked

I don't cheer for the hogs because their grades are good. I cheer for them because of their athletic ability. I look forward to our inbred jocks running all over your scholars.

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
03-16-06 12:01 AM - Post#17691    
    In response to Freedomcounty

on why our fans arent raiding their boards:

Quote:

They've not gotten Internet there yet. Apparently it's supposed to be installed sometime this year, but they had to allow for stadium expansions...or something...

this is only amusing because its coming from an arkansas fan, whose state is the second least 'connected' in the nation... beating out only mighty mississippi.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

BUalum99 

Reg: 02-19-06
03-16-06 01:40 AM - Post#17692    
    In response to Freedomcounty

That quote is awesome. Seriously, no other quote could do a better job of epitomizing the difference between the two institutions and their views of their respective athletic programs and athletes.

We're not talking about professional sports here. We're talking about students enrolled in an institution of higher learning where the sole purpose of attendance is to obtain an education and a degree - where the starting center for Bucknell is late to practice because he has to take an electrical engineering exam.

Win or lose, it's all gravy for the Bucknell kids. Good luck to Kevin, Charles, Tarik and Holland....four soon-to-be-graduated scholars who just happen to be pretty good at basketball.

Page 1 of 2 ALL12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.166 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:54 PM