Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Loyola MD        (Topic#27525)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
11-11-23 02:59 PM - Post#359041    

Well, that's a loss that will put a dent in the preseason hopes and expectations. Very early in the season obviously, but that's not a team that we should be losing to, especially not at home.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Loyola MD
11-12-23 01:34 AM - Post#359053    
    In response to Ever True

Ya puzzling why we’ve struggled with Loyola two years in a row. They made plays but I was surprised we weren’t able to run away from them.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
11-12-23 09:06 AM - Post#359055    
    In response to Bruno

The Bears don’t have enough outside shooters to run away from anyone on the schedule, with the exception of lesser division Rhode Island College, perhaps. Our offense has a lot of movement, with the goal of getting closer to the hoop for scoring opportunities. But our opponents can clog the inside due to our lack of perimeter shooters who can open up the floor. Lily, Jr has to work his butt off for virtually every shot, as their D can focus on him. Loyola shot a better percentage on FGs, 3s, and FTs. They had three guys you had to cover on the perimeter. The gent who hit the winning three was 4 for 4 from 3.

Late in second half Ferrari missed the second of two FTs, which would have put us up by 5. Later, our best shooter, Lily, Jr, missed both foul shots which might have iced the game. Was he tired from working so hard for his shots? Lily did hit 4 out of 9 3 point shots. But collectively Brown shot only 5 of 21 for 23.8%. Before the season began we wondered who might step-up this year to fill the absence of Wojcik, Cowan, and even Friday. Although it’s only been two games, I don’t see any pure shooters, other than Lily, Jr, in the current 10 man rotation. I sure hope one or two can prove me wrong.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-13-23 10:06 PM - Post#359102    
    In response to JBears

No this is perhaps the biggest gap in this team: the lack of consistent outside shooting. I don’t consider anyone other than Lilly to be a shooter.

Yeah I’m not sure how badly they’re playing. They played inspired against Colgate and should have won it. They were poor defensively and bad from three against Loyola
, but didn’t play altogether badly. Loyola felt like it shouldn’t have been that close; the fact they lost is incidental. Listen their kid got hot and hit some hard shots.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:57 AM