Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Walking the campus        (Topic#27528)
1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
11-12-23 08:54 AM - Post#359054    

I arrived early for the Yale football game ( ) and walked the entire campus from the new parking garage near Jadwin, to Yeh College and up to Nassau Street. I haven't done this for some time as usually my better half is with me and she has limited mobility.

All I can say is WOW!

The new (gigantic) Environmental Sciences building dominates the area east of Washington Road between the football stadium and Prospect.

The new Hobson College dominates the mid-campus. (I will refrain from any comments about "choice".)

The new art museum is enormous, almost eclipsing Brown Hall.

My old dorm in New New Quad is gone, replaced by the gorgeous Yeh college.

Sad to say Dillon gym is being gutted and renovated. I will miss the old building where I spent many an hour playing pickup basketball.

And I read that McCosh infirmary is to be replaced. I had a free room there junior year.

Upper campus of course has not changed, and I think in the future I will just walk around that area, and let the rest of the campus stay the same in my aging mind.

Albert08 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-21-10
Re: Walking the campus
11-12-23 01:26 PM - Post#359060    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I certainly agree with the "WOW," but it is hard to adjust to the changes necessitated by increasing the student enrollment to well over 5,000. In particular, I am wistful about the disappearance of the open spaces that were the Poe Pardee playing fields, replaced by high-rise student housing.

If you're interested in what's going on and what's to come, skim through the Campus Plan: A Framework through 2026 and Beyond, which was published in December 2017. A lot of it is already reality.

https://campusplan.princeton.edu/current-campus-pl...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.557 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:02 AM