Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bryant        (Topic#27612)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
12-01-23 10:26 PM - Post#359980    

Kino gets his 1000th point. Felix misses an open look at a 3 to send it to overtime.

A little bit of the same old story - some good moments, but some not so good moments as well. In the end, 15 turnovers and 10/16 from the free throw line. Bryant was 13/18.

We've played about a month of basketball. I still believe this team has more to offer, but as we get further into December, it's going to become more and more difficult to say "They're gonna pull it together."

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: Bryant
12-01-23 10:51 PM - Post#359982    
    In response to Ever True

I have to agree with you ET. Did a pretty good job on Nana in the middle and we had too many defensive gaffs. It was nice to see Kloman have a good game.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
12-02-23 12:02 AM - Post#359983    
    In response to Old Bear

Thought Kloman had his best game to date. Was aggressive on offense and not tentative. Made things happen. Anya too was on a roll where he just took over for a while. Bryant is very good defensively.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 12-02-23 12:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bruno 
PhD Student

12-02-23 12:22 AM - Post#359984    
    In response to Bruno

I mean Anya. 13, 11, 6 and 3 steals.

Bruno 
PhD Student

12-02-23 12:24 AM - Post#359985    
    In response to Bruno

So what are we to make of this Lesburt stuff? Dude has a career day and carries Brown to their first D1 win, and then he gets 11 minutes total and takes one shot in the next two games combined. And in that short time he has not looked comfortable.

Edited by Bruno on 12-02-23 12:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-02-23 12:58 PM - Post#359995    
    In response to Bruno

Bruno, having not seen or listened to the Kansas City game, I have to assume that they either played a zone defense or were simply not able to apply enough man pressure on Mr. Lesburt, when he had is breakout 20 point and 6 rebound game. The matchups must have played to his strengths.

Last night both teams played very aggressively on both offense and defense, as well as very fast paced. Perhaps AJ is simply not ready to compete effectively at that level yet. Conversely, as a senior, Mr. Kloman played very well in that environment with 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 of 3 from the line. There was one give-and-go play in close quarters where he took the return pass and confidently laid it in left handed in traffic, and was fouled. I suspect he does not make that play as a sophomore.

As much as I and others want to see Lesburt as another offensive option, the fact is no one wants win more than Coach Martin. If he felt the young man could effectively contribute to the teams’ success, he’d give him more minutes.

I was also hopeful of seeing one or two of the Frosh pushing hard for some court time. But that does not seem to be happening. So, at the moment the bench is very thin. We really miss Dan Friday’s experience and court presence, during what would be his senior year. It makes Ferrari’s recent absence more glaring.

The team needs to hang tough and keep working hard during this rough start to the season. Hopefully they hit their stride heading into Ivy play.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Bryant
12-03-23 01:41 AM - Post#360060    
    In response to JBears

Kloman rewarded his confidence bigly. I think he is a more complete player at this stage. But for a team struggling offensively and mostly in three point shooting and free throw shooting, here’s a guy who does both. It’s just hard to see how you go from 20 points to seemingly out of the rotation altogether.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:25 PM