Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: @Syracuse        (Topic#27624)
IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

Loc: Central Florida
Reg: 11-19-09
12-05-23 10:35 AM - Post#360171    

The Big Red motors up I-81 tonight for an 8PM EST ACC-Network-televised game, with a fair chance to bring a Quad-2 win back to Ithaca.

With the season one-fourth in the books, Syracuse is currently ranked about like George Mason. But... so is Cornell. In the Dome, it seems as if the line should be about Cornell+5.

The comparative offensive/defensive stats suggest it will be a bit of a shootout. The Orange are talented, but they do not have a dominant player like George Mason's Keyshawn Hall, who really lit up Cornell in The Red's only loss.

I'll venture a guess and say if Cornell hits 40+% from long range, The Big Red will win a tight game with both teams in the 80's.

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

12-05-23 10:02 PM - Post#360194    
    In response to IvyBballFan

If you are a Cornell fan, you know that with this team, the glass is always half-full.

The Big Red shot 5-20 from distance in the first half... and trail only 34-31. Down 33-20 at one point, they hung an 11-1 run on the Orange over the final five minutes.

You can bet on a big Syracuse run coming out of the locker room. Let's see how Cornell reacts.

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

12-05-23 11:23 PM - Post#360196    

Syracuse increased the lead to 11 during the first few minutes of the second half and was up by 8 at the first media timeout.

After the Orange's leading scorer, Judah Mintz, went to the bench with four fouls at the 12:00 mark, Cornell gradually cut the lead to 3 with under two minutes left. Mintz returned and the Red never get any closer, ultimately losing 81-70.

Spirited, entertaining game against a more athletic foe. On to Albany after finals for a game with the Saints.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
12-06-23 11:18 AM - Post#360202    

Competitive enough to keep me interested, but never got quite close enough where I thought the guys were going to pull it out. Nice job on the glass through most of the game (13 OR, same as the Orange). Nice to see DJ hit a couple of shots and an Evan Williams sighting (the senior, not the bourbon. I see plenty of the whiskey).

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
12-06-23 12:15 PM - Post#360203    
    In response to mountainred

I watched the second half and was very impressed with the Big Red. Discounting the final garbage time baskets, this was a relatively close game. Poor FT% and slightly below norm 3pt shooting hurt. Impressed with Manon and Gray down the stretch, and it looks like Ragland is much more agile than I seem to recall.

I'm now convinced that Princeton, Yale and Cornell are locks for the tournament, with the 4th spot up for grabs between all but Dartmouth.

Keys:
- Does Penn gel?
- Is Columbia's youth for real?
- Can Brown survive a lack of 3 point shooting beyond Lilly?
- Can Harvard remain healthy for the entire season as it has no depth?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:06 PM