Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: URI        (Topic#27634)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
12-06-23 10:28 PM - Post#360240    

Just win, baby.

Great performance on the road - free throw shooting down the stretch made it a more nervy affair than it needed to be, but that's three Ws in a row against the Rams for the first time in a long time.

A little lucky to run into a team that shoots it worse than we do from the free throw line AND the 3pt line, but at the same time, it's the kind of result that shows what we can do when don't kill ourselves with turnovers.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: URI
12-06-23 10:47 PM - Post#360243    
    In response to Ever True

An apt time for bend-but-don’t-break. No shortage of FT luck in this one but nice to be on this side of it. Win or lose they played well defensively - didn’t give up a lot of attempts and the ones they did didn’t fall. Ndur may have been 0-4 but he was big all game. 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks. Good to win without much from Nana on offense (note he missed another high stakes lay-in late against the Rams two years in a row. Can you just dunk it please?) Lilly led well down the stretch.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: URI
12-08-23 09:17 AM - Post#360301    
    In response to Bruno

Brown creates these videos now when they get a signature win:
https://youtu.be/wO6uStrNx98?feature=sh ared

What MM said seemed to impact Cooley, who started the game looking for it with aggressive focus. Helped set some tone. Kloman, Anya and Ferrari too I thought.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-08-23 09:41 PM - Post#360340    
    In response to Bruno

I haven’t watched the video yet, but also felt they played with more focus and purpose. Both offensively and defensively. The D seemed to take Rhody out of their normal flow.

You’re right, Bruno. Sure nice to see an opponent struggle more than us from the line and on 3’s.

Great to get Ferrari back on the court. He shot well and played his usual pesky D. It’s a pretty thin core without him.

I read on another site that Friday may return during the second semester. Has anyone heard similar? It sure would bolster the line-up for the Ivy campaign.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
URI
12-08-23 11:45 PM - Post#360342    
    In response to Bruno

Love the videos - they made a couple during the football season that were just as good.

It feels like Cooley is starting to put the pieces together - he's shot 40% from beyond the arc in the past five games and has been attacking the rim with confidence. His two best games, as far as Box Plus-Minus is concerned, are our two D-I wins. Not saying that correlation is causation here, but he's on the verge of becoming the kind of role player that we need around Kino and Nana.

As far as Friday is concerned, I remember a ProJo article where Mike said Dan might return in the second semester, but that was prior to the France trip in August and I haven't seen anything else since. As best I can tell, he wasn't enrolled this semester, as you can't find him via the student directory. Given that Mike said Friday was leaving the team to get his academics in order, I tend to think he won't be back, but would love to be wrong.

Edited by Ever True on 12-09-23 12:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.448 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:02 AM