Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: @ Siena        (Topic#27670)
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
12-20-23 11:48 AM - Post#360751    

Cornell eases to a 95-74 win. Not sure Cornell ever trailed and the Big Red had a 30 point lead with less than 10 minutes left before using every healthy player.

Main takeaway is Siena cannot shoot and have earned their #360 KenPom rating. If you wanted to nitpick, the Saints got a lot of offensive rebounds, both by number and percentage, but it didn't matter.

It's hard to believe Max Watson has fallen so far out of favor. He's gone from regular part of the rotation to deep, deep reserve. I get that Cooper Noard shares his skillset, but is better. Still, hard to believe.

scoop85 
Freshman

Loc: Goshen, NY
Reg: 02-16-12
Re: @ Siena
12-20-23 05:37 PM - Post#360755    
    In response to mountainred

Good point about Watson; just a year ago he was on the court against Miami with a chance to win it at the buzzer.

A few other thoughts:

It's interesting how little Nazir contributed last night. Coming into the season I thought he might be our best overall player, but it seems he's been banged up and just isn't playing at the same level he did last year. Hopefully he's back in business by the start of the Ivy season.

I had high hopes for Nix, but he seems lost offensively, and I sense he's going to continue losing minutes unless he starts hitting some shots. Okereke has been quite the surprise, and it was nice to see Boothby knock down 3's last night.

I also like what I see from Beccles. He's quick and seems to have a sound basketball IQ. Looks like he'll be a solid contributor moving forward.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.166 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:42 AM