Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tiger women vs Vermont        (Topic#27688)
ToothlessTiger 
Senior

Reg: 03-28-15
12-29-23 05:14 PM - Post#360965    

Madison St. Rose canned 23 to lead Tigers to 20 point rout of the Catamounts snapping 16 game home winning streak. Tigers employed typical lockdown defense holding the home club to just 7 second quarter points. The lead ballooned to 25 at one point in the third period. Vermont held UNC to a 3 point win earlier in the season.

Tiger84 
Senior

Reg: 03-06-17
12-29-23 11:06 PM - Post#360968    
    In response to ToothlessTiger

This is all happening out of the limelight, but I am certain Kaitlyn is in touch with all of the top basketball schools with marquee masters programs, for her final year of eligibility. She would surely be the top name in the transfer portal.

If she wants to stay close to home, I'm sure she made a solid impression at UCLA. And she will no doubt pick the brains of former nemeses Padilla, Forbes and Davis about going to USC and forming a killer backcourt with Juju Watkins.

As with the long list of her teammates who preceded her out the door, I dearly wish Kaitlyn’s 4th year could be in Princeton. But we are going to get to see her do some very special things next year…maybe even more special than the magical ride Abby had with Maryland.

But in the meantime let’s enjoy the Ivy season with Chen battling Hsu one last time for the POTY.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-29-23 11:23 PM - Post#360969    
    In response to Tiger84

If Columbia comes up short against the Tigers, no way Hsu gets POTY.

JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
12-30-23 01:28 AM - Post#360970    
    In response to Tiger69

I could see Chen and Hsu both winning the award.

I know the Ivy post season awards are primarily based on Ivy performance, and the POTY traditionally goes to a player on the winning team, but I find it hard to believe that Hsu will not be at least co-POTY.

There are six Ivy players who are scoring 10 or more points per game with five or more rebounds per game and a PER greater than 10. None are from Princeton. Hsu is first in scoring, 1.8 points per game ahead of Turner, 6.4 ahead of Almqvist who is in third. Hsu is second in rebounds per game, 0.2 behind Obi and 0.4 ahead of Rodriguez. Hsu also has a league leading PER of 30.3. These stats place Hsu top 10 in the country. Could a top 10 player nationally not be at least a Co player of the year?

If you remove rebounds from the selection criteria, Chen and St. Rose enter the mix – with very similar stat lines (having not seen much of Princeton, is there a clear favorite to be nominated for the award?)–but both stat lines are behind Hsu.

Last time the POTY came from a non-champion was 2009-10 when Judie Loamax on third place Columbia led the Ivies in scoring.

As for Chen’s next stop – undoubtedly, she has already received many Power 5 and NIL offers and would contribute to any team. The one hometown stop that may not be a good fit is USC, as the Trojans are brining in four guards to the best recruiting class in the country.

What Top 10 school provides the best free grad degree to further her life’s ambitions and make a deep run in the tournament (one that exceeds what she may accomplish at Princeton)

ToothlessTiger 
Senior

Reg: 03-28-15
12-30-23 09:09 AM - Post#360972    
    In response to JDP

No one can deny the status if Hsu as POY candidate . If the Lions win the title she's a lock. If the Tigers win Chen has a shot at co-poy, but Hsu is a once in a generation talent. I wish Chen had waited a year to enroll.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.36 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:09 AM