Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruiting Article in the Prince        (Topic#27700)
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
01-01-24 10:38 AM - Post#361081    

Really interesting piece featuring many quotes from Caden Pierce and Coach MacConnell.

The Princeton coaching staff does an excellent job of emphasizing the culture of the team to ensure their recruits want, and will thrive in, that sort of environment. They clearly are evaluating talent across many dimensions and not just on-court skills. Another recent article mentioned that Coach Henderson, like Coach Carril did, offered constructive feedback about how a recruit could improve. That is another example of how he wants to attract players who are committed to learning and growing during their four years as a Tiger.

Princeton is fortunate to have Coach Mac playing a leading role in the process of identifying and forming relationships with future Tigers. The last two recruiting classes in particular have been outstanding.

https://www.dailyprincetonian.com/article/2023/12/...

Edited by Tiger81 on 01-01-24 11:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

Re: cruiting Article in the Prince
01-07-24 12:35 PM - Post#361401    
    In response to Tiger81

Mitch spoke about the recruiting process at a talk he gave during reunions last spring. I was really impressed with how he described the character traits he is looking for in recruits, particularly the value he places on kids having humility. Echoes of Pete but with more humanity.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Re: cruiting Article in the Prince
01-07-24 12:50 PM - Post#361402    
    In response to TigerFan

I frankly favored Brian Earl when SJ left, and MH's early years were not his best. Defense suffered immediately, but is now excellent. Others have cited a possible Berube influence, but who knows for sure? I am now a big MH fan, not just for his success, but his positive personality. Now I wonder what will happen if/when MacConnell gets his well deserved head coach postion.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.72 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:22 AM