Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Stony Brook + Vermont        (Topic#27702)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-02-24 10:25 AM - Post#361118    

Well, not much to be said about the Stony Brook loss that hasn't already been said at some point this season. Worth noting, the loss guarantees that Brown will not win consecutive non-conference games for the first time since the 2011-2012 season, Jesse Agel's final year on College Hill.

Bruno closes out its non-conference schedule with a home tilt against Vermont. The Catamounts once again look to be the class of America East and have already beaten Dartmouth and Yale, with the win against the latter coming in somewhat bizarre circumstances.

A win tonight would be a nice start to 2024 and a good way to close out a pretty disappointing non-conference schedule.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Stony Brook + Vermont
01-02-24 02:39 PM - Post#361132    
    In response to Ever True

Well it’s a good test in that UVM would be an Ivy tournament team in the Ivy, and if Brown has any hope of making it they’d have to win 1-2 of these while playing at home.

On paper not a great matchup. A lot of UVM’s strengths are Brown weaknesses, while most of Brown’s strengths are also UVM strengths. So says kenpom. But while they’re definitely the underdog, this is a team that when it breaks right can surprise a better team.

It’s notable to me that the team’s greatest quality is their ability to get back into games. Despite the record they usually manage to find themselves in the game at some point in the last 10 minutes. That usually only happens when, among other things, Kino is both playing with urgency and making shots.

One comment on Stony Brook, which was not a well-played game but did feature one of those remarkable comebacks, but it became clearer to me that on a team without a lot of active on-court leadership, it’s Ferrari that probably comes closest to directing traffic out there. Which reinforces for me that now that he’s healthier, he should be playing more.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 01-02-24 02:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-02-24 04:58 PM - Post#361136    
    In response to Bruno

The ball movement is much better when Kemo is on the floor, I do agree with Bruno about this.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-02-24 10:29 PM - Post#361153    
    In response to Old Bear

Layups. Point blanks.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

ToothlessTiger 
Senior

Reg: 03-28-15
01-04-24 04:54 PM - Post#361248    
    In response to Bruno

Vermont loss at home was a shame. Bears played well for much of the game. This team is having a lot of trouble closing the sale. Not at all good for the prospects going forward. I love Martin as a coach and the kind of guy I'd love to play for. Hope they turn it around.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:49 AM