Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn + Princeton at the Pizzitola        (Topic#27785)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
02-02-24 11:18 AM - Post#362551    

Big weekend for Bruno.

We need to beat Penn to keep Ivy Madness hopes alive this year - 1-4 with trips to the Ps, the Cs and Yale on the horizon is not a recipe for success.

I imagine we won't know until tip-off if Clark Slajchert is playing for the Quakers tonight. He dropped 31 on us at the Pizzitola last year, so I'd prefer not to see him suited up this evening.

Princeton is a tough match-up, but we get them after what I imagine will be a grueling battle with the Bulldogs in Payne-Whitney. Weirder things have happened.

Ever True 
Junior

02-03-24 12:43 PM - Post#362658    
    In response to Ever True

Needed a W, got the W.

If that's the version of Kalu that we're going to see as we move into the second half of Ivy play, we are in for a treat. Had an impact on every aspect of the game AND no turnovers.

Nana is playing like a 1st-Team All Ivy guy right now - that lob to Anya for big-to-big alley-oop was Danny Wolf-esque. He plays with so much energy and determination - a joy to watch.

Kino got hot to help us close and Aaron Cooley, who's had a pretty rough go of it of late, bounced back in a big way.

Tough one against a Princeton team that will be looking to get off the schneid. I think we have an advantage inside - the Tigers attempted 54% of their shots last night from beyond the arc while the Bulldogs got just about 50% of their shots in the paint and at the rim - but to say their guards are tough would be an enormous understatement. Can't let this game turn into a 3PT shooting contest, because that's a contest we're going to lose.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Penn + Princeton at the Pizzitola
02-04-24 10:36 AM - Post#362736    
    In response to Ever True

I didn’t watch very much of the games but tuned in for a few spots. Brown had a credible weekend. Won a game they had to have that was missing its best player and was tough against the best team in the league.

Nana has been really good. Lilly having to take too many tough shots at times. But Kloman is so hit or miss and was hard to watch this weekend. He’s been so good at times - can be a difference-maker when he’s right. But I almost fell off my chair after he bricked the two FTs and then clearly fouled on the desperation three at the end of Penn when the ONLY thing you have to do is not foul. Like with the T at USC he just loses composure. Maddening stuff.

I think that’s the difference and why this team right now isn’t headed to any tournament. Not quite enough depth or reliable other options outside of Lilly and Nana.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 02-04-24 10:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ever True 
Junior

02-04-24 12:13 PM - Post#362752    
    In response to Bruno

I think you're spot on, Bruno. I would add Cooley and Anya to your list of guys with consistency problems. If/when Anya figures out finishing strong at the rim, he is going to be a problem. But the number of lay-ups that he leaves short drives me crazy. Also, he should never have the green light to shoot the 3. Cooley is either a marauding slasher or an offensive liability, with seemingly no in between.

Huge game against Columbia next weekend. The Lions scare me more than the Crimson at the moment; they play 5 of their final 8 games at home. Need another big crowd and another big time effort.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.122 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:53 AM