Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: 2024 Women Bsjtb Commits        (Topic#28016)
JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
03-29-24 05:11 PM - Post#366693    
    In response to cc66

Put aside the NIL mess on the men’s side – that should get any men’s coach to leave.

I do believe Griffith would like to win a sole Ivy title and a NCAA tournament game at Columbia, Not an easy task over the next few years given the number of good Ivy women’s teams - so a bit of luck is needed.

At the NCAA tournament, there was a shot of Griffith’s parents – they come to every game the announcers said. I suspect family plays a big role in any move she may or may not take. A local NE Power 5, like Penn State, makes more sense than Miami in this regard,

I believe Ivy women’s jobs are very good positions (men's jobs were per NIL) – jobs one should only leave for a material increase in ones overall utility function. I do not expect a successful coach with institutional support to leave for just any job. But I do wish them luck on getting another good fit Power 5 job - just very few out there.

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
03-30-24 05:55 AM - Post#366729    
    In response to JDP

Banghart was the test case and it's proven successful. Young coach creates winning culture in challenging environment then goes to P5 school and gets paid gobs of money to turn that program around. ADs look at Ivy coaches who have turned their programs into teams capable of competing with P5 comp, see that they do it all with the highest academic hurdles and no scholarships and a lot of integrity, and it's sort of a no-brainer to target those coaches.

JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
04-01-24 05:58 PM - Post#366794    
    In response to cc66

If a three-time national champion student-athlete cannot succeed (or last more than five seasons) at their alma matter, what hope is their for someone from the outside?

https://x.com/WomensHoops_USA/statu s/1774843721663...

Cases like this is why I believe successful Ivy coaches will be very thoughtful about going to a Power 5 school Clearly a premier job - one where one could win a national championship, but also one that has NCAA Title (last one & last final 4: 2008) base case expectations and sweet 16s are not enough.

CM 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-11-18
04-02-24 06:06 AM - Post#366796    
    In response to JDP

Going to a school with a delusional fan base and athletic department is crazy for any young coach. Harper is a good coach, but programs that live in the past will never be good landing spots for any coach.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.122 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:44 AM