Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Albany Game        (Topic#316)
Green Ghost 
goober

Loc: New York, NY
Reg: 11-22-04
12-28-04 03:47 PM - Post#1584    

Anyone have any thoughts to offer on the upcoming game against Albany? This has generally been a pretty good game, as I recall, including a multiple-OT affair in 2002-03 where Charles Harris had a career high in scoring. Pomeroy gives Dartmouth a 10% chance on the road and favors the Great Danes by 16, but I think it's a lot closer than that, to the point where I say that this is one of those teams that you need to beat, especially with the Ivy opener coming up.

I'd also like to know if Lang will be healthy enough to start this one. He really seems to help get the offense going, and this is not a team that can afford to start slow under any circumstances.

If I were picking a starting lineup for this one - assuming that Callahan is still on the shelf, I go Giovacchini, Lang, Ball, Arnold, and Big David Gardner (tm Dunn).

Anyone else care to contribute?

-The Ghost
The preceding opinion is my own, and is not necessarily representative of the opinion of anyone else, but it could be, it should be, and it probably is.

d92 
Freshman

Reg: 11-24-04
Re: Albany Game
12-31-04 05:02 AM - Post#1585    
    In response to Green Ghost

It's disappointing to see the team shoot so well and lose by double digits. The turnover discrepancy obviously was a huge factor; while a number of players contributed to that total, point guard play w/o Callahan is a real problem: 2 assists vs. 7 turnovers for Cuttica/Giovacchini. I'm not even that worried about offense from the point, but they simply have to take better care of the ball.

picknroll 
Freshman

Reg: 11-21-04
12-31-04 05:51 PM - Post#1586    
    In response to d92

Callahan was a steadying hand on the tiller. Cuttica at the point is a mystery. His handle is suspect and he's turnover prone. His assist-turnover ratio last season was better than 1-3 in 188 minutes, and not many of them at the point. The guy who might help the situation is Liddy, whose ratio was 1-2 in more than 300 minutes last season, almost all of them as Callahan's backup at the point. Plus Liddy can knock out the open shot and make good decisions with the ball. Why he's been buried in favor of Cuttica is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
12-31-04 06:26 PM - Post#1587    
    In response to picknroll

Based upon my limited exposure to the team, I assume Cuttica gets time because of his defense (which I thought was pretty solid).

picknroll 
Freshman

Reg: 11-21-04
12-31-04 10:59 PM - Post#1588    
    In response to Greenhorn

A pretty good assumption, I think. Though Liddy's not a horrible defender (his anticipation and positioning and decent), Cuttica's more physical.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.631 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:57 AM