Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Does lacrosse matter        (Topic#3315)
Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
07-24-06 06:03 PM - Post#21564    

Picking up on a debate from the email list...
Back in the day when lacrosse was a country club sport in Baltimore, upstate NY and a few other places, Loyola was among the leaders. But in recent years big state schools with tons of resources have grown their programs big-time, while Loyola has had internal troubles.

So the question is this: Is men's lacrosse at Loyola today more important than non-rev sports such as golf, tennis and swimming, or has Loyola become a men's hoops and everything else type of school.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Re: Does lacrosse matter
07-24-06 07:00 PM - Post#21565    
    In response to Lou

I would also be interested to hear why people voted as they did. I took choice #2, equal to hoops. Honestly I think for a majority of our alums lax remains more important, and I would be shocked if lax raises less money than hoops does. However for current students and recent alums I have no doubt that basketball is more important, and basketball also has more potential.
Jesus loves me.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
07-24-06 07:38 PM - Post#21566    
    In response to Lou

Lou - This poll is a disaster. What are you trying to figure out? I have no idea what to answer.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
07-24-06 07:49 PM - Post#21567    
    In response to jdp 94

A disaster? Ouch. I am trying to find out what lax's current status is at Loyola, or at least your opinion on the status. Is it more important than hoops? As important than hoops? Or just another sport sponsored by the school that is largely meaningless to anyone other than the players, their parents, roommates and a couple of other people.
Jesus loves me.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
07-24-06 08:23 PM - Post#21568    
    In response to Lou

sorry. didn't mean to insult.

burt their is a big difference in what a poll participant thinks the answer *should be* and what that participant thinks *it actually is* at Loyola.

For example, I think Lacrosse is more important than Hoops to Loyola's AD, but my personal opinion is that it shouldn't be. And obviously it is more important than golf or other non-rev sports.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
07-24-06 08:26 PM - Post#21569    
    In response to jdp 94

No worries.

I guess I am not interested in what anyone thinks it should be, be it one of us or the AD. (Although that is an interesting discussion.) I am curious as to what the reality is, or at least the perceived reality.
Jesus loves me.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.254 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:23 AM